Thread: my nice long repair list...
01-05-2008, 09:23 PM #1
my nice long repair list...
96 spx btw
time for a new motor...
crankshaft bearing exploded on the old one=(
anytips on these ones?
oil and gas filters
fuel and oil lines
jet pump oil
carb rebuild kit (really needed?)
- 420071703 SHORT BLOCK 717 GREY (290881520) $1,019.25
- 270500138 COVER-PUMP $33.61 (one nipple snapped off when removeing tubes. this is replacement...)
- 420996726 PUMP-OIL ASSY. (290996725) $187.36 (whole oil pump, why connent a old one to a new motor and have it fail later....)
- 293650021 CLAMP-OETIKER $2.91 (little clamp around the drive shaft over rubber boot)
- 271000290 WEAR RING $40.99
- 420995112 FLYWHEEL-ASSY. (290995112) $395.64 (half of the teeth warn off.. not whole teeth but like cut in half from starter. if this the whole flywheel w/ or w/o armature??)
- 293850077 STRAP-RUBBER (293850021) $5.33 (lost battery rubber things over time)
- 420923252 CYLINDER HEAD SILVER 717 (290923251) $183.26
from dennis kirk
- 202181 Lighting Armature Type: Lighting Armature $197.95 (little les then the oem one...)
- 200769 High-Torque Starter Type: Starter $244.95 (should i jsut get high torque for 20 more?)
- 091102 Super Camber I,J,K & S Series Impeller Degree: ? $204.99 (i have no what impeller to get... please if someone could pick one from that site.. and what ratio i should use...)
- 091239 Full Engine Gasket Set Type: Full Engine Gasket Set $69.95
- 16406 Pro Lock Universal Pod Filter Type: Pod Filter $73.98 for 2
- 16411 Pro Lock Adapter Type: Adapter $47.98for 2
- 200386 Motor Mount Type: Motor Mount $22.99 all 4 = $91.96
we plan to order our parts soon cause the canadian doller is still doing good...
anytips or things i should know when i attemp the rebuild...? im new at this...
anything up there the prob wont be needed? any thing im missing?
Thanks for your time!
01-10-2008, 09:48 PM #2
Are you really attached to this ski???? The motor and labor to install is more than the value of the unit... Maybe time to step up to a new unit..
01-11-2008, 12:23 AM #3
lol i cant offord a brand new one..
reason i look at replacing the motor on this one is cause i got 10 years on the old one. (prevous owner never took care of it or tuned it) and one winter it stayed outside what the motor full of water but ran great for 2 more years.
01-12-2008, 08:31 PM #4
I would shop for a really sweet ski in your price range and part out the one you have to offset some of the cost. This is a great time to buy skis.
01-13-2008, 10:58 AM #5
I agree with the other guys on looking for another ski.
But if you really want to keep it I would look elsewhere for parts. (Ebay)
Your price list is about 3 times what I would be willing to pay.
Some stuff you don't wast your time on used but for instance the flywheel used would go for about $30. A head is worth $20 or so.
You can fine an entire engine for the cost of what you have for a short block and then you do not need a lot of things from that list.
01-13-2008, 07:11 PM #6
I agree also. you could have a pretty sweet machine for what your parts list totals. i reciently detonated my motor in my XP, got a new motor with a few performance parts form ebay for about 1500 bucks.
There are a lot of people on this forum that can point you in the right direction for what you want to do a lot cheaper than new everything. Personally, i would and have.
01-22-2008, 09:10 PM #7
- Join Date
- Nov 2006
you could buy a SUPER nice 96xp for $2500, sell your's for parts/project for $500-$1000, not go thru all the trouble and have a faster ski for much less... if you really wanna do this... you used parts liek flywheels/etc are cheap on ebay and around here..I think you are going over-kill on it... it would be like restoring a 4 door chevelle
01-22-2008, 09:21 PM #8
- Join Date
- Nov 2007
- Odessa, TX
01-23-2008, 12:39 AM #9
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By mugmainer in forum NortheastReplies: 12Last Post: 01-09-2013, 07:02 AM
By Redxbob in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 8Last Post: 05-31-2012, 09:57 PM
By 2006 RXT in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 08-21-2007, 06:36 AM
By rx4pain in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 10Last Post: 05-23-2005, 08:20 PM
By Jrsrxp in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 16Last Post: 05-23-2005, 06:41 PM