Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: vts revisited

vts revisited

Hi all...I just got a new used vts module off of fleabay,becaue my old one keeps blowing the 7.5 fuse.the new one seems to work ok,but now the gage reads full up.like waaayy up past the red section, and it doesnt move at all when i move the vts ,it just stays straight up.the old unit never read properly either but it at least it would read a little ,just very low on the gage dial. i have since went out and bought a brand new gage and it still does the same thing.is there a way to remedy this.outside of smashing it with a hammer. and then buying a brand new vts module as well....!ive heard something about magnets,but i might be mistaken.thanks.for any insight...oh and ive tried the search engine here and if you type vts into it it comes up with sorry no matches-so vts doesent even work in a search engine!
    PS:VTS=worst designed Piece Of S*** in history!!!
    The Edsel of seadoo parts! i dont know any one who i ride with or have met that has one that actually works properly .

+1
    Personally I have not had a bad one in 8 ski's?

well i dont know and havent ridden with you !but thats terrific for you .and if this had been a poll, your reply would be somewhat relevant to what i needed......info.thanks though,i feel alot better about it all now,knowing theres at least one person out there who has had no problems with there VTS.thank God for that!i can now sleep better tonight.

may it be possible you might need to reset it a the dealer?

Just go with the baker and be done with it.

im not sure exactly how the baker works. do you have to be holding on to it the whole time you want it to be in up position?

may it be possible you might need to reset it a the dealer?
    whats to reset though?
    it says nothing of reseting it in the shop manual.its magnets.it should sense where it is and show up something on the gage.the gage is reading straight up.
    im really starting to hate my ski!
    does seadoo still use this sytem on the newer skis

well i just went and read what i could find on the baker system,and from what i can tell it only allows you to be in neutral or varying degreres of down position.im into wave jumpin not speed and i really need the up position.also it has no gage to know where your at.im gonna get this vts thing working,even if i have to replace every part with a brand new one
    Ive still got 4-5 months of shite weather,here so ive got time.

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by levonhelmet View Post
    ...oh and I've tried the search engine here and if you type vts into it it comes up with sorry no matches -- so vts doesn't even work in a search engine!...
    Am I the only one who found that extremely funny?

Anyway... levonhelmet, I feel for you and your frustration. It sucks when after several attempts are made (logical ones, at that) to rectify a problem... yet, the problem continues.

I know others on the forum have had problems with their VTS, so for those who have, don't be shy if you can help out a fellow dooer. Unfortunately, I am of little help. Like jawz, I have never had a single problem with mine, or the dozen or so skis I have worked on for my friends. For certain, when you isolate and fix your problem, please share your findings. Because sure as s--t, mine will fail in the future.

"so vts doesn't even work in a search engine!"... I love it

Jeff

+1
    [quote=05Limited;500859]Am I the only one who found that extremely funny?

Anyway... levonhelmet, I feel for you and your frustration. It sucks when after several attempts are made (logical ones, at that) to rectify a problem... yet, the problem continues.

I know others on the forum have had problems with their VTS, so for those who have, don't be shy if you can help out a fellow dooer. Unfortunately, I am of little help. Like jawz, I have never had a single problem with mine, or the dozen or so skis I have worked on for my friends. For certain, when you isolate and fix your problem, please share your findings. Because sure as s--t, mine will fail in the future.

"so vts doesn't even work in a search engine!"... I love it
    Jeff/ quote

Like Jeff said... I'm sure now that I spoke too soon

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information