Spread our sport

Just a thought. I was watching some stuff on Discovery after I got home from the bars and I just thought how could we spread the sport of Skis. I know many people out there would love our sport but just don't know about it really.

The show was about Drifters at the SEMA show in Las Vegas. I don't know if anyone here knows about the show but it is the biggest Automotive show in the world. I have been several times and sometimes I will see boats with trucks and information about the boats. Well why not have a booth or 3 or 4 in the truck section about performance skis. RIVA, R&D, GreenHulk, and who knows who else, maybe JD1 and his 100mph ski shop can join in. Then a booth for IJSBA.

Anyways just a thought.

It`s amazing how a lot of people really don`t know about Jet ski`ing as a sport or as Hobby taken seriously. When mentioned most just say Oh ...

I would have to say that all the tourist area`s that have ski rentals contribute a large part of the difference in attitudes.
    Some think since they have rented ski`s that they are masters at it and on the other side some view jet ski`ing as a nuisance.

Education is the key, and following the "Rules of Navigation" a must for a safe riding experience...PR...

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    some view jet ski`ing as a nuisance.

I hate these people. I was at crowley's last summer and was taking my time through a no wake and some dude in a canoe flipped me off. I was with four or five people and was about half tempted to give him a little jet spray from a tail whip about 3 feet from his canoe, but I didn't. I got to thinking that would just add to the negative connotation already put on the sport.

In my area they have a ban on PWC riding at Deep Creek Lake Maryland. People dont look at our sport being imporant as others with boats. If this was boats being restricted it would be a different story.

(Personal Watercraft (PWC) may not be operated on the lake between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. on: Saturday, Sunday and holiday of Memorial Day weekend and Saturdays, Sundays and holidays from July 1 through Labor Day.)

Quote Originally Posted by gfmgp View Post
    In my area they have a ban on PWC riding at Deep Creek Lake Maryland. People dont look at our sport being imporant as others with boats. If this was boats being restricted it would be a different story.

(Personal Watercraft (PWC) may not be operated on the lake between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. on: Saturday, Sunday and holiday of Memorial Day weekend and Saturdays, Sundays and holidays from July 1 through Labor Day.)

Yeah I was there with my ski in August. Yeah it really sux you cant ride on the weekend all day. I understand there is a lot of boat traffic during those times, but its all in how you ride. Im sure the renters screwed it up for the "owners".

+1
    Thanks to the Liberals in this country alot of this shit is happening!
    Just because they dont like to fish, hunt, jetski, etc they dont want you to enjoy yourselves neither. Sad to say it but the part of the country you guys live in your bed is made so either fight to change it or just grin and bare it!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by oklagp1200r View Post
    Thanks to the Liberals in this country alot of this shit is happening!
    Just because they dont like to fish, hunt, jetski, etc they dont want you to enjoy yourselves neither. Sad to say it but the part of the country you guys live in your bed is made so either fight to change it or just grin and bare it!
    It's in the very far western part of Maryland in Garrett county. Way up in the mountians. Nowhere near the liberal beltway crowd.

Thread Information