Performance Mods

What mods can you install that will keep your warranty safe. I do not care if I have to take them out before going to the dealer either. I have had the ski almost 9 months and I am ready to mod it. I bought the 5 total year warranty due to the supercharger and it being so new technology. I am doing the riva ride plate, but what else can be done.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cpanderson View Post
    What mods can you install that will keep your warranty safe. I do not care if I have to take them out before going to the dealer either. I have had the ski almost 9 months and I am ready to mod it. I bought the 5 total year warranty due to the supercharger and it being so new technology. I am doing the riva ride plate, but what else can be done.
    Do a search of past posts. There is a wealth of info on here about modificatons.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    CP,

I don't think anyone here can/will tell you what mods will void your warranty or not. Every claim will be different mind you. Best thing in my opinion is to READ your policy carefully and decide for yourself what you are comfortable with defending, if you ever have to, based on your interpretation of the language and remain honest with yourself.

ex: In short, my policy indicates the craft will be covered so long as i don't hamper the dependability or durability of the craft and is not very specific. In my mind, i have not done so, therefore i will stand tall should the company question coverage and my mods will stay on.

If you have followed this forum, you'll know i have been an advocate for NOT blocking off the BOV, even though our stock ones "leak" before spec., and is crystal clear to me that there is performance gain from blocking it off. If our BOV's functioned as they are supposed to, according to my manual, blocking would not provide any gain - unless you were to run a smaller SC wheel where you will need an adjustable unit. I'm currently running 69.3GPS with the stock leaking BOV and stock ride plate. It's clear to me that there is lots more room in this bitchin craft.

Check out this thread: http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28222

And this site for lotsa mods listed in one location: http://www.floridasmarthomes.com/teammoto/

What I am really asking is,what mods can be done where I will not hurt any factory parts, so I I had to take it in I can easily put it baCK TO STOCK.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    What I am really asking is,what mods can be done where I will not hurt any factory parts, so I I had to take it in I can easily put it baCK TO STOCK.
    So far all but Riva exhaust right guys?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    So far all but Riva exhaust right guys?
    ES is right. Most any mod that's been posted on this forum is reversable and won't destroy any stock parts. I have several mods on mine and always saved the stock parts. The Riva exhaust mod is one of the few that requires cutting a stock part.

+1
    Check out posts that pertain to these mods:
    Riva ride plate
    Riva or R-Rated intake
    R-Rated "U" pipe or 2nd waterbox eliminator pipe
    Riva exhaust
    R-Rated modified water box
    Valve cover block offs
    Ram air mod (not as easy to reverse)
    R&D filter for access panel under the glove box
    2 degree pump wedge
    Blow off valve block off plate
    These have been the most successfull mods done on the 250X.
    All are reversable with the expetion of the Riva exhaust and the ram air mod.
    The Riva ride plate,2 degree pump wedge and the R&D access panel filter will probably give you the most bang for the buck. Intake and exhaust mods will give you small top speed gains but they will also give you better acceleration and midrange power.

Thread Information