Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 98
  1. #1
    Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,004
    +1
    406

    15F performance?

    What is the average speed for these boats?

    I rode jp1300r's to 67.1 today and wondering if thats good, bad or average. It feels great and has very limited mods.


  2. #2
    Live Fast wave15stx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    2,214
    +1
    32
    i got 66.3 on mine its a 2006 with rogue big airfilter, r&d rideplate sealed up and riva exhaust no primary mod.no impeller

  3. #3
    Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,004
    +1
    406
    I know JP has the R&D ride plate and the rear air intake, not sure what else. He does a great job of hanging with GPRs that run in the mid 70s.

  4. #4
    jtskir15f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dubuque, IA
    Posts
    958
    i have an 06 w/ the riva rpm kit and a couple other little doodads. my highest gps is 67.9 with 3/8 tank of gas in 85 degree weather and 100% humidity, i imagine i could get a little more out of it if i ride in colder, drier weather in early spring

  5. #5
    Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,004
    +1
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskir15f View Post
    i have an 06 w/ the riva rpm kit and a couple other little doodads. my highest gps is 67.9 with 3/8 tank of gas in 85 degree weather and 100% humidity, i imagine i could get a little more out of it if i ride in colder, drier weather in early spring

    So there is some more left. How did the wedge affect the handling of the boat?

    It still had over 1/2 tank of gas so there might be a 10th or 2 left as is.

  6. #6
    Having Fun jp1300r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,334
    +1
    261
    Its got the full RIVA RPM kit, sealed plate, and cold air intake. I think it has a little left in it. If I put stock sponsons back on, great air and have real low fuel maybe high 67's-68. I have been thinking about the wedge, too. Some here say it works and some say it doesn't. If I got my plate modded to work with the wedge, I think .5-1mph gain is possible. That would put me into the 68's.

  7. #7
    Dubz1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    What is the average speed for these boats?

    I rode jp1300r's to 67.1 today and wondering if thats good, bad or average. It feels great and has very limited mods.
    Thats pretty good. Average would be a little lower though IMO. ~64 MPH or so. If you go with the "Offshore Package" from Riva, they claim to be running 70 ish.

    Duke, you gonna do WSO 15F project???

    For the most part, a lot of folks have ditched the 15F's for the bigger faster ski's. I believe on guy has taken a 250X motor, done a bit of glass work, and dumped it into 15F hull. Cant recall the speed, but it was upper 70's.

  8. #8
    Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,004
    +1
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubz1 View Post
    Thats pretty good. Average would be a little lower though IMO. ~64 MPH or so. If you go with the "Offshore Package" from Riva, they claim to be running 70 ish.

    Duke, you gonna do WSO 15F project???

    For the most part, a lot of folks have ditched the 15F's for the bigger faster ski's. I believe on guy has taken a 250X motor, done a bit of glass work, and dumped it into 15F hull. Cant recall the speed, but it was upper 70's.
    Its possible, the boat felt really good and handled nice. I will never go to a bigger boat then that or the GPR.

    I talked to TJ today and he said cams, pistons, and the ECU will put it in the low to mid 70s with unbelievable holeshot! Reliability is great too. I'm sure there is a few other tricks he does too but it sounds pretty good.

  9. #9
    Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,004
    +1
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    Its got the full RIVA RPM kit, sealed plate, and cold air intake. I think it has a little left in it. If I put stock sponsons back on, great air and have real low fuel maybe high 67's-68. I have been thinking about the wedge, too. Some here say it works and some say it doesn't. If I got my plate modded to work with the wedge, I think .5-1mph gain is possible. That would put me into the 68's.

    What prop is in there?

  10. #10
    Having Fun jp1300r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,334
    +1
    261
    Running a untouched 14/21. Some people are running a little smaller prop 13/20,14/20, but I am close to spinning this prop on holeshot with good air. What do you think a +1/2mm of pitch on top would do? How much rpm do you think I would lose?

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. My 15F performance think tank
    By Droopy in forum Kawasaki Projects
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 03-14-2012, 07:42 PM
  2. 2010/2011 Kawasaki STX 15F Performance Parts
    By KAWI_GUN in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-30-2012, 11:24 AM
  3. FS 15f performance parts
    By AaronC in forum Kawasaki Classifieds
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-04-2008, 05:48 PM
  4. FS: Kawasaki STXR/15F Performance Parts
    By rab1 in forum Kawasaki Classifieds
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-28-2008, 10:12 PM
  5. 15F Performance
    By Dubz1 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-24-2007, 02:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •