Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

43mm Sonic Boom Throttle Bodies

Ok guys, I am almost done with my motor build and have been thinking about my intake options. Of course 43mm Sonic Boom Throttle Bodies from Ross are an option. What is the gain between the regular Sonic Booms and the BB ones? This will be on a 1390 BB. I know a few of you guys have them but I did a search back to old threads but I couldn't find any info on the gains between the two or just going from modded stock intake to them.

Anyways any and all info would be great! Ross makes some good stuff I just want to know what I am getting into from people that have them.

+1
    enlighten me, wha tare the BB ones compared to 43mm bore?

+1
    If I had an EFI boat, I would definitely have them ! I believe N8R and Water Woody can tell ya they HIT Its one of those good bang for the buck mods

Quote Originally Posted by dhoad View Post
    enlighten me, wha tare the BB ones compared to 43mm bore?
    The 43mm are the BB.

Chris my gain was 40-50 rpm over the 40mm sonic booms.. I went from 7250 rpm to solid 7300 rpm.. Pistonwash pattern reveals near perfect mixture with EFI controller set at 7-11-11-5.5
    There are only 4 sets out there including mine now as they take forever to make. I do have a set ready to go as of this week if you want them...
    15 percent more airflow than the 40mm. Perfect for a big bore setup.
    They are perfected now with great driveability..
    Ross

Hmmmmm...

Ross,
    I'm also going big-block, but I'm more into acceleration than all-out top speed. Do the 43s give an acceleration edge?

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Ross,
    I'm also going big-block, but I'm more into acceleration than all-out top speed. Do the 43s give an acceleration edge?

Eric
    Yes they do Eric, no hesitation at all, great throttle response. Grab the throttle at any rpm and hang on..
    With a bigger bore throttle body, you get more air in the engine at any rpm.
    You will notice the difference in the hit on the throttle.
    At any given percentage of throttle opening, the 43s are letting more air in the engine. At 50 percent throttle opening, or any other, the 43s are letting in 15 percent more air than the stock 40s will.
    Its simply a bigger air valve, and when opened at the same speed as the smaller air valve, lets more air in quicker.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by rossnemo View Post
    Yes they do Eric, no hesitation at all, great throttle response. Grab the throttle at any rpm and hang on..
    With a bigger bore throttle body, you get more air in the engine at any rpm.
    You will notice the difference in the hit on the throttle.
    At any given percentage of throttle opening, the 43s are letting more air in the engine. At 50 percent throttle opening, or any other, the 43s are letting in 15 percent more air than the stock 40s will.
    Its simply a bigger air valve, and when opened at the same speed as the smaller air valve, lets more air in quicker.
    They are awesome i rode a ski in tampa that belonged to ross total difference in punch that is coming from a sea doo man

OK

I tried out a set that was a little rough, and I know that Ross has been perfecting the beast.

Ross - how much are the 40 and 43mm Sonic Booms again?

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    I tried out a set that was a little rough, and I know that Ross has been perfecting the beast.

Ross - how much are the 40 and 43mm Sonic Booms again?

Eric
    The set you had was extremely rough Eric, those were bought off ebay by Phillip and done by someone else and i tried to smooth them out but they were almost too far gone. There is no comparison between that set you had and what i am offering...

40mm are 375.00 .. 43mm are 850.00 .. Both prices are with your set modified or as a core exchange.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information