houston, tx

Cool just returned from the houston,tx boat show

went there to purchase and look at the x-models.. great looking machines however no purchase yet.(one salesman said the lowest he would go on an rxp-x with a trailer was 14500 out the door..lol..another was alot better though. however
    I was suprised and disapointed at how uncofortable and low the seat on the rxp-x is.i know its low for raceing but it didnt feel right to me.(anyone else??) im 6ft and it felt uncomfortable at my hips..but i guess you wouldnt be sittin down much on that ski....wonder if a seat cover would add any height??.. iknow the rxp215 can swap seats that silver one on the black o7 model would look good and i believe its higher.
    on the other hand the rxt-x felt awesome and for only 300.00 more almost changed my mind..
    im now trying to decide which model to get i figured my riding will be about 75%lake 25%ocean..however the lake i would go to most is lake conroe(no shores) I hear it can get rough these days

+1
    I'm also over 6' and have wondered about the same thing. As is, I have to sit on the rear of the seat to ride comfortably on my RXP. Otherwise, it feels completely awkward siting that close. Stick with the RXP!

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by vidbuster View Post
    I'm also over 6' and have wondered about the same thing. As is, I have to sit on the rear of the seat to ride comfortably on my RXP. Otherwise, it feels completely awkward siting that close. Stick with the RXP!
    Good Luck
    I'm 6-2 and I love the way they ride over the rxp's. I feel I am in control. The new x-man bars can be adjusted up or down for more comfort.

+1
    I need to ride an RXP and see what you're talking about.
    All I can say is I am extremely comfortable with the RXT, I ride 90 percent of the time standing up, racing around, and I love the confidence it inspires---it's really fast, quick turns, and blasts thru the chop like nobody's business. It has never thrown me, or hooked bad ever. Funny thing, I have only been thrown off a PWC one time and that was turning sharp with a passenger on the FX-140!

+1
    I bought my 04RXP from Gulf coast powersports. Were they there?
    I got one hell of a deal back then. $700 boat show discount.

I would say $12500 OTD for a X in Texas is gonna be good.
    $11300 to $11,700 for just the ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by vidbuster View Post

Good Luck

I am 6'-4" and in the sitting position the RXT feels really good, so is the RXP when riding alone. But with a second person I still have room and my passenger is sitting on the back of the ski, with 3 people I am push up against the bars. When I am standing on the ski I am hunched over just to keep a good grip on the bars, I could use at least a 2" rise in the bars and also wider, maybe 4" wider.

THE OFFICAL SUPERDUTY!!!!!! superduty's Avatar
    +1
    hey let me give my dealer a call tomorrow and i bet thet blow your price out of the water

i like the new sitting position...plus half of us are standing 80% of the time anyways and the bars are adjustable.

and the seats and mats have better grip than the 07s and older...thank god

GTI SE 155
    I was at the Houston show last week......I think the only BRP dealer showing was Wild West Honda (SeaDoo) in Katy. Right up front when you walk in. Kid salesman quoted me $12,926 OTD w/ trailer on a regular RXT. Sound like a good deal? Included an extended warranty.
    I asked about a GTI SE 155. That deal didn't sound so good.....$10.9k OTD, same warranty.

THE OFFICAL SUPERDUTY!!!!!! superduty's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by fastexas View Post
    I was at the Houston show last week......I think the only BRP dealer showing was Wild West Honda (SeaDoo) in Katy. Right up front when you walk in. Kid salesman quoted me $12,926 OTD w/ trailer on a regular RXT. Sound like a good deal? Included an extended warranty.
    I asked about a GTI SE 155. That deal didn't sound so good.....$10.9k OTD, same warranty.
    what are you looking to buy and i'll call my dealer and see what they say

Thread Information