Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

250X extended warranty purchase

I'm coming to the end of my Kawa 250X warranty period.
    I seem to remember mention of an Ebay site for $600 warranty
    (48 mo extended).
    I'm in FL and realize I have to send it to some other state.

Any info anyone?

i'd like info on this also. Thanks

+1
    Bought mine from Vey's Powersports in Lakeside California.
    $695.00 for a 48 month. Ask for Robert.
    (619) 448-2077

I followed a couple threads here to find the ebay seller your talking about. I emailed him and he said they no longer sell watercraft. I too will need to purchase an extended w. so keep this thread updated if you have any luck.

I canceled my Good times protection plan due to some deceptive practices from my dealer. ( thats another story). I too would like to re-purchase the extended warranty before the manufactures year is up.

It is my understanding that in order to purchase a warranty in Florida you must pay Kawasaki's full price. 48 months = $990. You can purchase from another state for less providing the ski is registered there and you have a mailing address outside of FL.

It must be due to the fact it is possible to ski year round in FL that it was quoted to me "illegal" to sell for less in this state. I recieved multiple quotes back from Fl Dealers stating the same thing. I understand the logic behind more usage, more wear but illegal ?

+1

FL law

In FL an extended warranty is considered an insurance contract. Therefore our wise state government prevents competition in the pricing of these type of extended warranties. Thanks FL again...........

It is my understanding that you can buy one of these warranties and use and out of state address for it to be sent / registered to. Once you have it in hand if you ever need to use it you simply present it to any authorized Kawa dealer in the US and the bill is "taken care of" except for I think a $50 deductible.

Is this a correct assessment? I wonder how many people as a percentage buy these warranties? I never do in most products but these things are exotic and a pain to work on. Not to mention the cost of parts.........
    Seems like $700 or so is worth it for 4 more years of protection. I also understand it is transferable to a new owner.

+1
    Its not just the state of Florida. The correct identification of the product is SERVICE CONTRACT. Be it for watercraft--automobiles--home appliances or what have you-- its an insurance policy refered to as a Service Contract. The term "extended warranty" was created by the general public and unless you are in the insurance industry, it is refered to as such.

$595 for 48 months, I bought it in Dec. 07, residence in CA. If you are in FL, the dealer will need to change it to another state and once the system takes it then you can purchase it.
    The contact is below and it was smooth and fast. He send me an email confirmation the same day.

Ken Hauck
    General Manager
    Finance
    West County Powersports
    60 Meramec Valley Plaza
    Valley Park , MO. 63088
    636-529-0250 x 100

+1
    I bought mine new with my ski from my Fl dealer... oh well i could of saved some $$.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information