+1

Help with IC Exhaust hose

Can someone tell me what tool I need or how to help remove the IC hose connected to the bottom front of exhaust manifold. I have preety big arms and hands and spent all last night trying to break the stock hose crimper. Need help before I take a dremel with cutter and mess something up. Tight spot to try to work in.

Thought about leaving that hose on and adding another piece of hose to that one? But then I would not have the hose with bend on end to connect to IC and then to pump transom.

Appreciate any comments

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    Can someone tell me what tool I need or how to help remove the IC hose connected to the bottom front of exhaust manifold. I have preety big arms and hands and spent all last night trying to break the stock hose crimper. Need help before I take a dremel with cutter and mess something up. Tight spot to try to work in.

Thought about leaving that hose on and adding another piece of hose to that one? But then I would not have the hose with bend on end to connect to IC and then to pump transom.

Appreciate any comments

Its an Otiker clamp, and its a pain...wire snipes and a flat head....AND A MIRROR.

The easiest, and recommended route, is the line from the manifold runs to the front of the motor, which connected to the outlet line of the factory IC....

MANY of use just use a typical joint fitting, which can be found at any hardware store for $1, and run a new line to the rear of the ski and connect to the outlet of the IC...

UNLESS you want a single line, you'll have to wrestle with it...

+1
    If you are talking about a oem clamp I take a pair of wire, side or end cutters and grab the clamp where it is raised up sqeeze and twist at the same time and it will break. Replace it with a s.s. hose clamp. \

Scott

Thread Information