Thread: R&D pulley kit

+1

R&D pulley kit

Does anyone who has installed the R&D pulley kit have any results they can share with us? I know a few guys have one but we have not heard from them in a while. My biggest question is how easy or hard is this kit to get dailed in? I know some have said that they got a big increase in bottom end and midrange, but what kind of top speed increase did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    Does anyone who has installed the R&D pulley kit have any results they can share with us? I know a few guys have one but we have not heard from them in a while. My biggest question is how easy or hard is this kit to get dailed in? I know some have said that they got a big increase in bottom end and midrange, but what kind of top speed increase did you get?
    Hi Beags, appy new year mate

Im also waiting for that info, I,m hoping for at least 2mph gain cuase it,s a fair bit of money and time, especially the tuning......I think....
    Common guys information is power... and power = speed!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    Jimmy, I was planning on having the 1:1 Pulley on my boat for the MH300 next month but now I am not. It looks like i will be on the same boat I won on last year (which is basically stock) . . . it is not my boat. I am pretty sure there will be at least 3 Ultra's in the race that have the Pulley on their boat. So it will be interesting to see how I match up this year. After the race I would like to talk to the the people who have Pulleys and see what they think . . . maybe by summer I can have that set up for LB2CAT. It does appear to be the Ticket for this boat . . . And when I do it I will probably have my shop put it on for me so I won't be able to comment on the technical aspects of bolting it on. jb

Long response coming.

Let me start by saying the kit is extremely easy to install. The IC and the Case ventilation is harder to me.

The one thing that is tricky is getting used to depending on the AFR to tune. You must go against what you may think and rely on the digital meter.

I will say that anyone that is going to do this kit should first install the AFR Gauge. Go through all the RPM ranges to get the stock tolerance of your machine.
    This is what I have kept quiet about. Why! I wanna win.

Any way what I did was run a wire to the positive terminal of the battery to a switch under the hood. pics coming. Then to the AFR hot lead and the AFR ground to the engine block. Find a spot to mount the Gauge.

Once you have the AFR mounted and running then take a day of learning RPM verses AFR ranges. DOCUMENT them.

Now install the Pulley Kit. EASY stuff. Only one item to drill and thats the return fuel line into the fuel pick up.

Now tune it in from there. Simply match your AFR to the same specs as stock.

Fuel pressure is usually 36lbs and the Powershot is preset to about what you need.

Looking at my Blog it seems as though I chimped out on the write up.

Well give me time after comming back and I do a better update. I think Ill call it Tunning the Pulley Kit.

puttin on

puttin on the pulley kit from r&d on friends ultra do you need a alignment tool?

Help

Your screwed without the proper tools.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fx High Out Put Rida View Post
    puttin on the pulley kit from r&d on friends ultra do you need a alignment tool?
    I had suggested in another thread to call R&D. Not many people have any experiance with this kit. From what I understand, you do need the alignment tool. You also need an AFR gauge and a fuel pressure gauge. You also asked in another thread about custum MAPS for the power shot controller. Just as Skip told you, you are gonna have to tune that thing to your climate and riding conditions down in the Caymans. What works in one climate won't work in another. Your best bet is to CALL R&D. Glenn is a nice guy and can walk you through the entire install and tuning process.

Thread Information