Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

ArnyGollott3's GPRXP project

I need more speed...so I have foregone the RXP Turbo project (sort of, keep reading) in light of a GPRXP build...

I have committed to buying a 'special' 2003 GPR with lots of performance parts I will be selling off...watch the Yamaha classifieds or PM me with early inquiries...

I have a 2005 RXP with a 4-tec begging for a 'better' hull...

I hope to have this ski fully operational by March or so, as a stage 3+ boat...I am only missing a S/C for such a setup...but will buy one soon

I WILL put Frank's kick ass Turbo Kit on it as soon as my $$$ allows....maybe later this year but more likely as a winter project for 2008/09...I think a ski in the upper 80's or lower 90's will keep me satisified for at least a few months...?

I have some ideas for a color scheme as the boat will NEED a paint job immediately...will be looking for ideas on 'how to' paint the boat correctly and MANY other things as well...

I feel good about this project with all the great help and good guys on here sharing priceless information...it is truly amazing when one thinks about the creativity and ingenuity that the 'trailblazers' of these custom skis have done for the rest of us...thank you to all the conversion guys who have made it 'easy' for the rest of us to enjoy such awesome machines...

+1

+1
    www.sikindustries.com Has a new Prism chrome color they just did in the machine. I should have pictures in a day or 2 of a motorcycle rim they did. Please keep us up to date with pictures and info of the build.
    Last edited by 800AMSOIL4U; 01-09-2008 at 06:36 PM.

+1
    Awesome Arny! You won't regret it

Thanks Jerry...

I cannot wait until Mudbug 08...I am looking forward to meeting so many Greenhulk friends there, I will be there, unless something, (God forbid) comes up with my, at that time, newborn baby boy ARNY IV! He is expected in mid May and my very cool 'boss' has no problem with me leaving for the weekend so long as both him and her are healthy at the time!

2008 looks promising...my first baby and my first 85+ mph ski...!

+1
    Arny, i wish you and your family all the best. Looking forward to meeting you in June

+1
    Welcome to the growing GPRXP Family.

I have a complete GPR 'sale pending' with some 'goodies' that will need to be sold fast from it...stay tuned for that Yami guys...the hull is 'setup for 85+ speeds' so it shouldn't need too much tweaking for its new ROTAX powerplant...! I hope anyways!

Just bought a 05 low hr motor from a fellow forum member...feel good about that...

I have 05 Riva ECU, valvetrain upgrade, 50s,...need to acquire a good S/C now....Rude preferably, (just sold a brand new one before Christmas )...that was pre-conversion days!

I think I have a sweet deal worked out for my RXP where I keep what I need, less the motor, and work out a deal for the rest....

This little project is starting to take shape...if all these plans and purchases work out like they are supposed to

What kind of speeds can I expect from a Rude S/C and Riva ECU setup in this GPRXP conversion....with an ideal top speed plate, grate, tabs, pump, and prop setup?

Pump might be the Skat pump, how much will this cost me on top speed?

+1
    92 mph plus.

BLACK MAGIC HEADERS hydrojunkie's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ARNYGOLLOTT3 View Post
    I have a complete GPR 'sale pending' with some 'goodies' that will need to be sold fast from it...stay tuned for that Yami guys...the hull is 'setup for 85+ speeds' so it shouldn't need too much tweaking for its new ROTAX powerplant...! I hope anyways!

Just bought a 05 low hr motor from a fellow forum member...feel good about that...

I have 05 Riva ECU, valvetrain upgrade, 50s,...need to acquire a good S/C now....Rude preferably, (just sold a brand new one before Christmas )...that was pre-conversion days!

I think I have a sweet deal worked out for my RXP where I keep what I need, less the motor, and work out a deal for the rest....

This little project is starting to take shape...if all these plans and purchases work out like they are supposed to

What kind of speeds can I expect from a Rude S/C and Riva ECU setup in this GPRXP conversion....with an ideal top speed plate, grate, tabs, pump, and prop setup?

Pump might be the Skat pump, how much will this cost me on top speed?
    the skat pump is the way to go get a 158mm. you shouldnt loose much speed but the accel will be worth it's weight in gold

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information