Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Look what the FedEx Fairy brought me!

Finally arrived

For those that have this intercooler, are the fins on the core all perfectly straight..
    I have a 1.5" section where the fins have been crushed. Probably not a big deal but I thought I'd ask. Sorry about the pic quality, hard to get a decent pic inside the cooler.

[/img]

Congrats Yugi you should definately bee in with your wife with that bling. Ya mine had some slight bends. I emailed the seller and he said it's fine because when air is all in it the pressure is from all around so it doesn't put pressure on the individual fins.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1

Re: Look what the FedEx Fairy brought me!

Quote Originally Posted by Yuji
    I have a 1.5" section where the fins have been crushed. Probably not a big deal but I thought I'd ask.
    that's why they are so cheap i've come to realize. not 1st quality cores. they are the remnants that probably didn't pass perfect inspection and went to some aftermarket company at a huge discount. internally, the vortech versus the ebay IC is like a cadillac versus a Saturn... but the outside shell and end tanks of the ebay IC is like a TANK! god, i gotta think that sucker retains it's coldness being WELL OVER 1/4" thick.

i have the ebay IC hooked up right now, also got my hands on a Vortech IC for some testing ... so we'll see if i lose or gain anything between the two

Yeah shibbs...gets some testing in and let us know. Just waiting for some mandrel bent pieces from Mark U so I can build my custom thru-hull and intake plumbing. Did both of you stick with 2.5" IC plumbing with 2.5 to 3" couplers on the IC or did you go 3" from SC to Throttle body? I'm just trying to decide so I can get some silicone couplers on order, need to be ready by Canadian May long weekend

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    mine is done in 2.5" pipe...

have you searched around for silicone couplers yet? find the size couplers you needs and prices, and PM me before you buy anything. I might be selling every coupler you would need. reducers and couplers for 3" IC and 2.5" pipes

I went 2.5 fromSC to IC. 3 inch is too big.
    I have 3 from IC to TB but just because I make a 90 bend. FastTrip has the same and gained over 2mph from this setup.
    I saw a link to a guy that fixes up the intercoolers. He specifically said the cheap ebay intercoolers. He said he takes out the core and does flow tests on it , improves the flow then puts it back. Not sure how much it is.
    siliconeintakes.com is a good place. That is where I got most of mine. They also have SS joiners. If you have to make a 90 get one of these
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rubbe...spagenameZWDVW

Can't wait to hear about your results Shibbs.

Mark has said 2.5" is sufficient and going bigger wouldn't net any noticable gains from S/C to I/C to Throttle Body. I have ordered the cobra for my intake to S/C but nothing yet for the rest. Kinch thats what I'm struggling with, plumbing and how short I can make the runs. I could use cobras and shorten things up, or two 45 yada yada yada...but I want to maintain the quality of flow with the least amount of pressure drop.

Intercooler in boat

Are you putting the cooler in a boat or ski? I just got two for mt seadoo S200 speedster. I hope there is a boost in perf. I also have 2 RR EMU coming in. Not sure how it's goint to go but I hope it will rip!

It's going in my boat. WOW...2 RR ECU's
    Thats going to really wake that thing up. Can you imagine if you did a 4" cold intake, 2 RR supercharger impellers, 2 RR thruhull exhausts and a couple of Solas or Three Blade Skat trak impellers properly pitched!

Did you get the Stock Class ECU or the Racing ECU?

PM me if you would like any help as there are very few of us Sportboat owners who do any kind of go-fast mods.

Intercoolers

I made a full 3" intack system and installed a 9 long by 6" round air intake system. Before I installed it the boat would only hit 7100 RPM's after I installed it pegged the rev limiter at 7550 RPM's. With the cold air intake it will run 60.5 on the gps but its hitting the limiter hard. So with the ecu ( RR Racing Ones ) it should really run! I hope to see 8200 rpm's then I will get some props.. I read that alot of guy's with the ski's fill the ride plate's and srew head for less drag. I was thinking of doing it for the heck of it. I'll see how things go but I do have the steel super charger washers coming in so I may have to play with the impeller. Not sure. The only thing with hot rodding this thing is it's two of everything. But right now it rips and I'm looking forward to getting the rest of the parts. When do you think you'll get your cooler in?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information