Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hi All, Im the new guy w/a question

Id first like to say Ive been poking around this forum a few days now & am impressed by the professionalism & knowledge. Now here comes the question. I have a modded 06' 660 Rhino thats being wooped by the new Polaris RZR's. NOT HAVVING IT. So, I also have a few 97' 787's & a 95' 650 watercraft engine waiting for one to be transplanted. Undoubtably a 787 for h.p. not simplity reasons. Ive already obtained a Polaris Sportsman 4x4 Gear Box, Secondary clutch (500 H.O.), drive shafts etc. Crankshop Twin Pipes. All three of these engines I removed from wrecks , so I have everything pertaining to them like electronics etc. Woops--I said heres the question didnt I ? OK-- How to attach a drive clutch to a watercraft crank via adapter or what not, minus swapping in a sled crank. If need be , I will , but just looking for a more cost effective way. Anyone dealt with or heard of this ? Who makes a threaded clutch or something like a 30 degree threaded end ? I dunno. ????? Thanks in advance--Proflow
    Last edited by Proflow; 01-10-2008 at 04:15 AM. Reason: Better info

Welcome to the HULK!!!!!! Not sure if it would work but you might be able to use a polaris watercraft drive shaft coupler. Wich attaches to the crank and will alloy a use of a polaris driveshaft. This would be a start.

Yep, I see what your saying. I have all those parts too. Actually the coupler & shaft from an xp 800. Still need a clutch though. Otherwise that engagement from nuetral to drive would be a killer ! Be kinda nice to have the little bit of "sponge" not to shock the drivetrain as much. Thanks & keep those ideads comming guys, she'll be the RZR KILLER ! ----Proflow
    Last edited by Proflow; 01-10-2008 at 02:50 PM. Reason: more info

Anyone have a junk skidoo, polaris , or cat sled crank I could use the tapered end from ? I'll take it to a machine shop & have it threaded. Then collar the two together w/red locktight ! Just a thought---thanks----Proflow

You might want to post this in the polaris section. Lots of great guys there that also own sleds ant atv's.

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    If I understand right,your looking to attach a Primary style clutch (like a snowmobile's) to the Polaris Crank. I think I would try a call Comet Clutches and see if the can make one with a custom inner sleave that's threaded.Or you might find one used that fits a small tapered crank and have it bored and tapped to fit the pwc threads.I don't think using the stock couple with a end off a sled would be to good,The clutch being that far away would never stay inline without bending something.Back in '83 yamaha had a crank with a pressed pto end on it and they were blowing them out of the sides,the fix that finally worked was adding a support bearing out board the clutch.
    I'll see if I can get a admin to move this to the Polaris side for more help.

+1
    welcome to the forum

Im with ya Keddano, & thanks for the welcome RX951. I'll give Commet a call tomorrow & see what they say. Cant wait to get this one together ! Thanks---Proflow

+1
    You may want to do a few sums on RPM's .There may be a need for a ratio box which you could encorporate a centrifugal drive in to get you where you need to be

Cheers
    Bernie

I bought a Polaris 4x4 gear box ,H.O. secondary clutch, box brkts & both drivelines off e-bay. Should work well. -----Proflow

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information