Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Life threatening defect, RXP Sank

You have to compliment Sea Doo on their excellent design. My RXP with all of 34 hours on the clock sank like a rock only 4 hours after a service.

After towing the pice of crap to shore it was taken to the Sea Doo Centre that serviced it. I was told the exhaust clamp had broken, this has allowed water to enter the engine bay and engine and down she went.

I cannot believe that such an important component would not have 2 clamps when it can cause the whole ski to sink.

I was very lucky it did not happen the week before as I had travelled 43km off shore. I had an epirb etc but how do u recover your ski.

Not happy with this design flaw, are there any other life threatening defects we should all be aware of?

Thanks Sea Doo, great product!!!!! NOT

Quote Originally Posted by Black RXP View Post
    You have to compliment Sea Doo on their excellent design. My RXP with all of 34 hours on the clock sank like a rock only 4 hours after a service.

After towing the pice of crap to shore it was taken to the Sea Doo Centre that serviced it. I was told the exhaust clamp had broken, this has allowed water to enter the engine bay and engine and down she went.

I cannot believe that such an important component would not have 2 clamps when it can cause the whole ski to sink.

I was very lucky it did not happen the week before as I had travelled 43km off shore. I had an epirb etc but how do u recover your ski.

Not happy with this design flaw, are there any other life threatening defects we should all be aware of?

Thanks Sea Doo, great product!!!!! NOT
    +1
    My 2004 GTX blew off the exhaust crossover hose to the resonator and filled up with water real quick, towed to the dock. Was able to drain the hull, drain the intake, blow the water out of the cyls, change the oil and all was back to normal. Sure is a helpless feeling with a ski 1/2 sunk and no one around.

+1
    Welcome to the forum Black RXP. Sorry your first post was about a problem. Stick around here and these issues are easily resolved.

Now that the pleasantries are out of the way, aren't we being a little dramatic with the "Life threatening" description of this issue? Yeah, it sucks that this happened to you, and it should not have happened, but something tells me you didn't flirt with death.

+1
    It has the potential to be life threatening. For example, being stranded 43km off shore with no one to rescue you except some hungry sharks. Or you have to jump in 30° water after your ski sank and no one is there to save you.
    Anyways, you will want to replace your ceramic washers with metal washers if you haven't already. Second, you will want to replace the zip ties that hold the bailer tubes up. Use small clamps to secure them to the hull.
    Then there's the potential for delamination.
    Those are the only 3-4 issues I can think of at the moment..

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...071#post243071

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19887

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    It has the potential to be life threatening. For example, being stranded 43km off shore with no one to rescue you except some hungry sharks. Or you have to jump in 30° water after your ski sank and no one is there to save you.
    Of course any problem has the potential to be life threatening. But I would think that if you knew the conditions were dangerous (i.e. riding in shark infested or frigid water), you would not place yourself in peril by going out alone. But that's just me.

+1
    Yup. If not, you would deserve one of these --->

Franko is absolutely right. Don't make it seem like we almost lost you. Also jut because of one problem, you can't say it is a bad product. Look at all the SeaDoos out there that do work.

Just this guy didnt see the guy with over 1,000 hours on his seadoo?

Just fix this problem and go have fun with it.

BTW how many hours has he got now?

Quote Originally Posted by Black RXP View Post
    My RXP with all of 34 hours on the clock sank like a rock only 4 hours after a service

Maybe an elaboration on what service was provided by the dealership is in question?

perhaps...i dont think it had anything to do with seadoo though.

actually, your probably right. it was the dealer i bet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information