98 GSXL at Stage 1

FYI, got done installing my stage one kit on my 98 GSXL with high flow F/A and outer wears too. Just waiting for it to warm up for an op's check now.

The stage one kit had 100 pilots, 2.3 N/S, 145 and 147.5 mains and two pop out springs. don't know if they are less or more stronger??. HS set at 1&1/4, LS set at 1&1/2.

The old jetting was 82.5 pilot's, 1.8 N/S, 165 mains, oem springs, HS closed and LS was at 1&1/2.

Looks like the bottom end is richen up alot more and with the HS open up the main's can be smaller. Looks like it allow's some fine tuning now.

I was suprize I didn't find trash in the mag filter screen. It's been 10 years and 140 hours on the machine and I never clean that one, only the pto was clean about 5 years ago. When I check it today it looked great ?? I guess buying gas for 10 years now from the same exxon station around the corner has paid off.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingJake View Post
    FYI, got done installing my stage one kit on my 98 GSXL with high flow F/A and outer wears too. Just waiting for it to warm up for an op's check now.

The stage one kit had 100 pilots, 2.3 N/S, 145 and 147.5 mains and two pop out springs. don't know if they are less or more stronger??. HS set at 1&1/4, LS set at 1&1/2.

The old jetting was 82.5 pilot's, 1.8 N/S, 165 mains, oem springs, HS closed and LS was at 1&1/2.

Looks like the bottom end is richen up alot more and with the HS open up the main's can be smaller. Looks like it allow's some fine tuning now.

I was suprize I didn't find trash in the mag filter screen. It's been 10 years and 140 hours on the machine and I never clean that one, only the pto was clean about 5 years ago. When I check it today it looked great ?? I guess buying gas for 10 years now from the same exxon station around the corner has paid off.

Those numbers look good, the HS settings are just a TAD high for summer ridding, but perfect for cooler weather...Thats how I was running my old 99 GSXL...

What prop?

+1
    Are you premixing or oil injection ??

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Keep the Outerwears in your front bucket for serious wave jumping only. They rob serious bottom-end throttle response. I never run them, but I can tell when the engine is sucking water and back out accordingly.

You will se a night and day difference in how your ski performs with these mods. Enjoy!

Thank's guys, It's going feel like a brand new Doo again with alittle fine tuning.

It's still oil injected, never had any problems with it knock on wood.

The motor is the 97.5 white one and oem prop I think it's a 9/21 ??. I'm hoping to get back some speed since the the air box recall.

I had to double check those outerwears, turn the water on in the sink just to make sure.... nice, they really do work

I think it's best for me to leave them on cause the wife normal flips it over once a weekend

Banned User
    +1
    Thank's guys, It's going feel like a brand new Doo again with alittle fine tuning.

It's still oil injected, never had any problems with it knock on wood.

The motor is the 97.5 white one and oem prop I think it's a 9/21 ??. I'm hoping to get back some speed since the the air box recall.

I had to double check those outerwears, turn the water on in the sink just to make sure.... nice, they really do work

I think it's best for me to leave them on cause the wife normal flips it over once a weekend

Going back and looking at the specs, I remember my HS's being 1/8th and 1/4 on MAG/PTO, and leaving them at that...She ran fat in the summer, 6850-6950...But in the cold weather, 7100+, with a few 7160's......untouched prop, just a 30 degree difference.....

+1
    Take it to the dealer and have them set the timing to +2* with the MPEM programer.(setting #3) Take note of the current setting.

+1
    Bring 4 AA batteries with you. and a spare key to program.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks will do

Since the carbs were off I decided to start changing out the fuel line too.

Thread Information