Fuel Consumption

Just wondering which is more fuel efficient. An 05 STX900 or an 07 STX12F? Since I have the gas guzzler 250X, I figured I need another Ski that will use a little less fuel. Another possible comparison would be between an 08 STX15F or an 07 Ultra LX. I need to make a decision by early next week. All the Ski's are new with the exception of the STX900 which has about 40 hours on it. The price is not much of an issue but I am just concerned about long term ownership here. Thanks in advance for all your input. lol

Welcome to the HULK!!!!!! I would look at the Honda F12 or the F12X. As these ride great in rough chop, good on power, great realiblty, and get great fuel economy!! Only down fall is without a splash sheild you will get a little wet, hey but that is part of riding a PWC!

Just a H-20 HO....Need I say More! Mykull's Avatar
    billas 250x, just like Rodney said about the Honda...I have a Ultra which is good on gas if i putt-putt but my Honda F-12X (3 seater) sips gas compared to my 250X. Take a look around for a dealer that has some new old stock i hear that some even some 03s are still hangin around in crates that they are willin to get rid of for a good price. Make some calls.

+1
    I would look for a leftover Honda R-12 (non turbo). Best fuel mileage by far and not a wet ski like the Honda "F"s. Probably the most playful 4 stroke ever made too. It's only downsides are lack of storage and not the best ski for riding with a passenger.

Richard

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, here on Guam we only have two PWC dealers. One for Kawasaki which sells Ski's for around 1k over MSRP and another who sells Yamaha who sells their PWC's for around 3k over MSRP. I do not have much of a choice. I need to stick to a brand that would have a dealership here for parts and because I am new to the PWC world I also need to the service the Ski's with the dealer temporarily while I try to learn how to maintain them myself. I even have no clue how to change the oil on my 250X. lol

go for the FX with 160 horses , but good on fuel

http://www.boattest.com/boats/1656/test_results.aspx

The Yammie dealer here only has 2 units 07 Vx Delux and the "Special Price" deal is 12k dollars. The Kawi 07 Ultra LX is 10k only. I am actually leaning towards the STX15F for 9.5k dollars. I'm confused HELP!

I have the 02 version of the 900STX. I have the Ultra 250X also. When we ride recreationally, they both require refueling within minutes of each other. That said, the15F would get better fuel economy.

Quote Originally Posted by hilomikey View Post
    I have the 02 version of the 900STX. I have the Ultra 250X also. When we ride recreationally, they both require refueling within minutes of each other. That said, the15F would get better fuel economy.
    You are right but the fuel tank on the 900 only holds 15 gal. vs. 20 gal. for the 250.

Thread Information