Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The fastest conversion ski

Just based on the posts, whos ski do you guys think will just be the fastest and most godllyyy...lol i've been reading some posts and it sounds like every1 is just doing a great job...post ur ideass

+1
    Hydrotoys carbon fiber, Igni Powered Turbo GPRXP will be the fastest

your GPRXP ran 91 at MB last year right??..wut u think hes gonna run

+1
    I vote it's between Chuck and Mark depending on who cares more about radar numbers. I think they're both looking more for acceleration and racing qualities.

+1
    Don't leave Jerry out, he may have something in the fire

The same goes with InsanediegoJOE and Shibby

and with Chuck, ya never know

my ski will never have an 800 grate. i have no concern about top speed. was asked how fast will it go today by waterwoody. the motor im building goes 90 to 94 in rxp so who knows what it will go in a gpr with a drag race setup. i dont think mark is going that route either. jerrys ski is ready for the speed i say his will be the fastest top speed. mine will be turbo ems setup also drag race and i am hoping i can get it to work out of the hole. the gpr tunnel might not be able to handle the volume of water on hole shot. this ski will take a long time to get right so no big hurry, i just hope to have it running by mudbug.

+1
    YOU GUYS DONNOT FORGET THE SNEAKY GUY OR GUYS.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Hydrotoys carbon fiber, Igni Powered Turbo GPRXP will be the fastest
    Now You are just being modest. Your ski, with a turbo will already be tuned and ready to go before I even get mine on the water. Plus, mine is only lighter, and not enough to really matter. The other thing, is that I'm running a stock cam and don't have access to any of the exotic hardware being put into these engines.

If you actually get a grate working, I'll expect to see YOUR green monster topping 95mph...and pretty quickly too.

After that, it's all about who can actually finish any of these high priced toys. After seeing results out of Joe's and my own ski with some handling hardware, I expect some of the quickest skis this year will be a gprxp. As far as top speed, I think if some of the exotic RXP guys can keep their crap together long enough to put a radar gun on it, we MIGHT see 100mph. Next year, when the good stuff filters down into the GPRXPs I'm sure we will see that number go bye-bye.

+1
    the gpr tunnel might not be able to handle the volume of water on hole shot.
    Oh, it can handle it... just fine. You just have to think like a closed course racer, and not like a top speed racer. Many vien pumps, swirl props, Pro-shoe and grates, mech tabs, 0-3deg big nozzles, and flat plates. Hang on...tight.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck View Post
    my ski will never have an 800 grate. i have no concern about top speed. was asked how fast will it go today by waterwoody. the motor im building goes 90 to 94 in rxp so who knows what it will go in a gpr with a drag race setup. i dont think mark is going that route either. jerrys ski is ready for the speed i say his will be the fastest top speed. mine will be turbo ems setup also drag race and i am hoping i can get it to work out of the hole. the gpr tunnel might not be able to handle the volume of water on hole shot. this ski will take a long time to get right so no big hurry, i just hope to have it running by mudbug.
    I would have to agree with Hydro on this one. The GPR can be set up to holeshot like a monster, its just a completely different aproach. Even tho Leo's tripple is a 2 stroke it comes out of the hole incredibly fast ( faster then most CC boats ) and still runs in the upper 80s in less then a 1/4. I would think with a slighter softer snap the turbo will have it will be less likely to blow the prop out. But thats just my .02.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information