Question Boost Line Trouble !!!!!

What is the best place to install the boost gauge line on the intake manifold to get the most accurate boost reading from my boost gauge ? Everyone seems to have different readings according to where they install their gauge (NEW GUY HERE TO THE SHOW ) I love this site: its like an addictive drug

Most guys drill and tap a hole in the stock intercooler block off plate. There has been some argument that different places show different boost readings but it’s my belief that it should be in the manifold. If you still have a stock intercooler there are little plastic bungs that stick out in-between the runners on the manifold. From the factory they are sealed at the end so find one and drill it out. (make sure you use a small drill bit)

Oh and welcome! I'm pretty new myself but you'll learn fast..

I have my boost line on my intake manifold runner, but according to Riva for the S3, boost level at 8400 rpm should be around 10-11psi, but I only see 8-9psi at this RPMs , I have checked for boost leaks everywhere (by the way the boost gauge its brand new and entire stage 3 on the ski) . I only see 9-10psi readings from 8550-8600RPMs, and at this readings I have ran 79.9- 80.0 MPH, so I know that the S/C is not slipping.

Quote Originally Posted by RXP300 View Post
    I have my boost line on my intake manifold runner, but according to Riva for the S3, boost level at 8400 rpm should be around 10-11psi, but I only see 8-9psi at this RPMs , I have checked for boost leaks everywhere (by the way the boost gauge its brand new and entire stage 3 on the ski) . I only see 9-10psi readings from 8550-8600RPMs, and at this readings I have ran 79.9- 80.0 MPH, so I know that the S/C is not slipping.
    If you are hitting the RPM's and hitting the speeds, most likely it is an inaccurate boost Gauge. I was thinking slipping clutch, but not if you are hitting 8550. I have seen people hitting high numbers with there gauge and stock impellers and actually think they were making more boost than normal (Idiot) and vice versa. Some guages are adjustable as well.

+1
    Which boost gauge are you using ?

I am using the same boost gauge that is for sale at Jerry's store.

wich one link please i have never seen any boost guages on the online store

+1
    Usually Jerry recommends the Dynotune boost gauge. I have the same gauge also with sensor mounted in the stock IC blockoff plate. When I was using the SC3 and at that time running 8120 RPM I would have 10.3-10.5 on the Dynotune gauge. Not sure why you do not see more boost on the gauge, which intercooler are you using ?

+1
    Everyone seems to have different readings according to where they install their gauge
    It doesn't matter where you mount your gague on the manifold. Boost pressure is going to be the same anywhere on the manifold.

Quote Originally Posted by RXP300
    I have my boost line on my intake manifold runner
    You have it in a good spot.

Quote Originally Posted by RXP300
    Really? I don't have a boost gauge in my store for the RXP's.
    I do however recommend everyone use this one
    http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=131

You don't mention which intercooler you are using. Different intercoolers will give different boost readings.

Are you running a BOV? It could be leaking.

The boost gauge (R&D autometer boost gauge). It is under new products on the 4 tec performance web site

Thread Information