Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fair or not

Exclamation Fair or not

I want to ask your opinion about one case that I'm currently dealing with one modifications supplier.

I paid 1.750 dollars to him on 7 February LAST year (year ago) and he promised to deliver the parts several times during spring, summer and autumn. I normally had to send him two or more PMs through this forum before he even answered to me what I thought was pretty strange. Anyway, two days ago I sent an email to him and told that my situation is changed because of other modifications of my RXP and for that I don't need the parts anymore. I asked him kindly refund my money.

The answer was, that is not possible. The parts are still not ready because of quality problems of the main product's weldings but he is not ready to send the money back. I have saved all the correspondance of these PMs and emails and I will share them with you possibly in near future. But, what you think, if you were me, would you keep buying from this guy and would you want to know who he is that other people wouldn't have to see the same than what I have been going through?

Please give your opinion.

Thanks,

Sammy (Iceman)
    Last edited by iceman; 01-12-2008 at 05:46 PM.

A Year is a Long Time to Wait

Sammy, a year is a long time to wait for parts; heck, a month is a long time! If you paid by credit card, you could always dispute the charge with the credit card company... Ron

After 6 months I would be demanding my money back. But that's me. I would not buy anything else untill he either gave me my money back or produced my parts. A year is too long!!!!!!!!!

+1
    These are custom hand made parts that are not refundable, I told you I would ship parts right now or sell YOUR parts for you and send the $$$, YOU CHOOSE!

You jumped my chit cause I didnt respond to your email the same day.....come on! I dont sit on the computer wating to reply to people, I have a new born son and tons of business that I handle by myself.

go ahead Sammy and spill your guts, I dont have time to go back and forth with you on this and DONT EXPECT WE TO EITHER!

I think you are going down the wrong road but let the people know.

I have offered my ideas and if you dont like them Im sorry

REread you email, cause the parts are ready, R&D is done, I could have sent you your parts when they werent tested and when your plate would have cracked youd be mad that I sent you bad designed parts but no I did the right thing and waited til the parts were pefected, which you were ok with the delay just as long as it was corrected.... until now

go ahead and post all your pm's and emails!

I can give you plenty of references of poeple I have done business with on this site and off this site.

If anyone is reading this that has done business with me in the past and was not happy please speak up, good or bad.

I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE!

I help, I dont hurt,
    good luck Sammy!

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by JD 1 View Post
    These are custom hand made parts that are not refundable, I told you I would ship parts right now or sell YOUR parts for you and send the $$$, YOU CHOOSE!

You jumped my chit cause I didnt respond to your email the same day.....come on! I dont sit on the computer wating to reply to people, I have a new born son and tons of business that I handle by myself.

go ahead Sammy and spill your guts, I dont have time to go back and forth with you on this and DONT EXPECT WE TO EITHER!

I think you are going down the wrong road but let the people know.

I have offered my ideas and if you dont like them Im sorry

REread you email, cause the parts are ready, R&D is done, I could have sent you your parts when they werent tested and when your plate would have cracked youd be mad that I sent you bad designed parts but no I did the right thing and waited til the parts were pefected, which you were ok with the delay just as long as it was corrected.... until now

go ahead and post all your pm's and emails!

I can give you plenty of references of poeple I have done business with on this site and off this site.

If anyone is reading this that has done business with me in the past and was not happy please speak up, good or bad.

I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE!

I help, I dont hurt,
    good luck Sammy!

Dan

This was posted on 22 May last year:

Originally Posted by iceman
    I sent you PM below one week ago. I haven't got any answer yet. Are you receiving these messages or is there something that I don't understand? I have paid you 1.750 dollars on 7 February. We agreed that you make me open loop cooling system with modified riding plate which will give advantage in close-course track and because there will be money still left, you going to send me also your pump modification which will bring even more advantages for close-course racing.

Please answer this message and tell me what's going on. I can't send you more these PMs if you don't get them or don't answer.

"Could you please tell me what's the status of the order. I have been asking it now three times during the three weeks time and I haven't got an answer yet.

Thanks,

Sammy"

I was asking people opinion about this case but I didn't tell your name. You did it by yourself. Now you saying that I get jumpy if you don't answer email in one day. Read the above posted from my messages to you from last spring and tell me that you have done everything as good as possible.

Nice going...

Sammy

+1
    You want an opinion, I'll give you a semi sober one... ok not really...
    IF you purchase something, something that requires time and materials.. you need to set a deadline...Being a mfg, you need to get your shtt out the door and stop "f ing" around, if you can't produce, give the cash back...I don't give a flyin...what level of performance you can produce...that being said, you gotta do your homework before purchasing something off a web page. OK, good, and in the name of a guy who goes wherever he feels like it...PERIOD!

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Dan's my buddy and all but his "add" gets the best of him sometimes along with his ego. Iceman why you would pay almost 2 grand for something that is in development is beyond me. What happened was you helped finance Dan's R&D so that when it is finished you would be first in line. I'm sure when you sent the cash you knew that there was no physical product to be shipped. Write this off as lesson learned. Trying to smear Dans name here will get you nowhere. People know he puts out fast quality products but he shaky on delivering that product promptly, mostly because he likes to hint about product in development. People bug the piss out of him wanting the stuff they've heard rumors about and Dan, Being human, says sure front me the money to help with development and I'll make sure your first in line. Problem is that once the product is ready for sale he has figured out how to do it bigger, faster and better.
    Last edited by Shibby1485; 01-14-2008 at 07:59 PM. Reason: removed hallpass/godfather banter

+1
    hmmmm, i think a year is a bit long. but sounds like product is done, so take delivery and go your seperate ways.
    when we all heard no delivery from unknown supplier, we said unacceptable.
    just cuz its a GH member, now its unreasonable customer???
    c'mon, R&D takes time and money, but if someone has fronted you 1750 they at least deserve part in timely manner or better explanation what is taking so long... weekly updates perhaps.
    i have worked with plenty of shops that NEVER call me. a job that should be done within "1 week" carb rebuild etc...
    i call them once a week, they never call back, i always have to call them, and their response is "workin on it", which translates into, "i havent even looked at it yet."
    if this wasnt jd1 we would be postin stuff like "gimme his address and i'll go kick his azz for you" etc...
    business is business, 1750 is good money and buys better service than 1 year delivery time.
    what if iceman is already ready to upgrade to an rxp-X ????
    bigger and better mods for that ski too?? why should he have to take delivery of a part for a ski that after a year he is ready to step out of.
    just a hypothetical. alot can happen in a year. that 1750 was cutting edge a year ago, now theres bigger better skis and mods as well.

+1
    Is this the only person that's had a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by lextoy View Post
    what if iceman is already ready to upgrade to an rxp-X ????
    bigger and better mods for that ski too?? why should he have to take delivery of a part for a ski that after a year he is ready to step out of.
    just a hypothetical. alot can happen in a year. that 1750 was cutting edge a year ago, now theres bigger better skis and mods as well.
    This is the problem

I just bought the Zapata hull so I don't need the parts I ordered last winter anymore. That's the bottom of this problem from my side. And there is no other racer in Finland racing in Open Class with RXP so I can't resell the parts to anyone.

Sammy
    Last edited by iceman; 01-14-2008 at 12:21 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information