Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Which S/C is better?

This is not a turbo vs. S/C question, this is a which S/C will produce the most power and not need to be re shimed after every ride.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suck my wake View Post
    This is not a turbo vs. S/C question, this is a which S/C will produce the most power and not need to be re shimed after every ride.

From what I've heard is its really close between Rude and the C kit, with the C kit having a slight edge and $1000 heavier price tag.

Remember my advice maybe worth exactly waht you paid for it.

+1
    One thing to keep in mind is the more boost your supercharger makes the more stress it will put on the clutch.

I have seen people get 50 hours out of a Rude Charger before reshimming. I have also seen people only get 8-10 hours. It all depends on your riding style.
    Zapata rebuilds his superchargers after every moto.

+1
    I have a Rude with 60 hours--however I dont jump waves and I dont chop the throttle. I dont not run a BOV.

+1
    I have over 40 on my B-Kit 12 PSI last time out at 8100 cool temps in October

I Would Have To Pick My C-kit It Is The Most Powerful That I Have Felt So Far And I Did See 15.0 Lbs Boost Today

I don't think there's an SC out there that needs to be reshimmed after every ride unless you're racing CC or something. Like others have stated it depends on ride style and how much boost the SC is putting out. So in that case the most powerful SC to my knowledge would be the C-kit (***disputes in some tests btwn. it and the Rude depending on how everything is set up***).

+1
    I was being a little sarcastic about shimming it every time out but it doesn't seem like the results with some of these s/c's are real great. More psi doesn't always mean more speed I would expect a 15 psi stg 3 ski to be at least going 83-84

I was being a little sarcastic about shimming it every time out but it doesn't seem like the results with some of these s/c's are real great. More psi doesn't always mean more speed I would expect a 15 psi stg 3 ski to be at least going 83-84
    So you are two mph from this with the GreenWheel? What is your angle this year Tommy?? Just playing with ya bro! I think you are going with a rude this year!

ROTAX RACING performance
    +1

more psi = more speed on the same setup, if you have enough fuel and you are not on the REV Limiter! if you are you pitch the Impeller or try a smaller nozzle ring, and you get more speed.

to gain speed at 82 mpH + is not a easy task and has not allways to do with power

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information