Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pop Off operation on 98 GSXL 951

Since I removed the old air box and installed HF filters the air line that runs from the air soleniod to the air box is just hanging loose now. I'm wondering how the popoff is activate....... ?

Do they received any air pressure from the black lines that are hooked up to the side of the carbs or what..... maybe the gray line from the side of the pto carb to the case? I know that when I go to 3/4 to WOT the air soleniod will activate, don't know if it's vent or applies air to the popoff valve?

From what I can tell one line used to go to the air box then tee off the air soleniod and end up near the water box with a tee fitting venting to air and the line from the other side of the soleniod goes to the carbs popoff fitting.

Just trying to figure out how it's suppose to work???

Thanks
    Last edited by RacingJake; 01-14-2008 at 10:11 PM.

what are you talking about? is this a DI or carb?

there shouldnt be any line like you are describing, the pop off has no air solonoid or anything like that. There should be a pulse fitting(hose) coming from the crankcase to the fuel pump on the carb. There should also be another vacuum hose coming from the crankcase and going to the solonoid that activates the rave valves. I am not aware of the line you are describing. Perhaps it is a water line from the exhuast that popped off during your install?

What model and year is it?

also when you switch to a less restrictive air filter you want to at the very least adjust your pop off pressure. from what you are describing in your post it doesnt sound like you are familiar with the way these watercraft carbs work. make sure you know what you are doing before you proceed

It's a 98 GSXL and there's a line on each carb on the popoff cover that runs up to a vent soleniod. If you stay below 3/4 throttle there is a slight venting going on but when you go to WOT the soleniod is activated and full venting takes place.

I guess the popoff's feed off the neg pressure of the carbs when at WOT and open up ?? and the venting of the back side of the pop off diaphragm when at WOT due to the soleniod ensure's proper timing ???

Maybe it's my model # 5625 cause when I call around to a few SeaDoo shop's they say that my model does not exists

At least I know more than they Doo

I got a jet kit in it with Prok F/A so I'm good to go there, 100 pilot's , 2.3 N&S, new popoff springs, 145 and 147.5 main jets, LS at 1&1/2 and HS at 1&1/4

Just trying to find the theory of operation on my Doo
    Last edited by RacingJake; 01-14-2008 at 08:33 PM.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingJake View Post
    It's a 98 GSXL and there's a line on each carb on the popoff cover that runs up to a vent soleniod. If you stay below 3/4 throttle there is a slight venting going on but when you go to WOT the soleniod is activated and full venting takes place.

I guess the popoff's feed off the neg pressure of the carbs when at WOT and open up ?? and the venting of the back side of the pop off diaphragm when at WOT due to the soleniod ensure's proper timing ???

Maybe it's my model # 5625 cause when I call around to a few SeaDoo shop's they say that my model does not exists

I got a jet kit in it with Prok F/A so I'm good to go there, 100 pilot's , 2.3 N&S, new popoff springs, 145 and 147.5 main jets, LS at 1&1/2 and HS at 1&1/4

Dude we need pictures. I don't think you are quite speaking the same language as everyone else

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingJake View Post

Its a 97 1/2 GSXL the one with grey upper deck,those carbs are a nightmare.

Stick the hoses by the flame arestors with a smalll ziptie.

Although I dont recommend open flame arrestors on that model.

Yeap that's why I'm using outer wears

I like to call it the Battleship

The 99 on up model's doesn't have those line's. I guess the Rotax God's said they were'nt needed after all. I'll most likely just cap them off

But you could turn them into popoff's on demand real easy

+1
    The 98's didn't have them either, cause I've had one since 98' LOL You do have a 97.5 setup , it may be on a 98 colored GSXL, waterworx is correct.

TLR

I found it

Some good reading on theory of operation

http://www.mikuni.com/pdf/sbn_manual.pdf

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information