Advise for a couple of new skis

I just wanted some input from experianced people to help me make the right decision or see if I am on the right course.

I was thinking about buying 2 skis. I have a wife and a 6 year old and a 2 year old. I rent skis often and my 6 year old loves jumping waves with me.

Mostly we ride on the intercoastal in South Florida but I would like to go to some lakes as well as getting out into the ocean.

I also have a lot of friends and family that would enjoy riding with us.

I love speed and jumping waves. My wife likes to ride and has a blast on them but is not real excited about buying skis like I am.

I was first thinking about 2 RXTs but now I am thinking about 1 RXT and 1 RXP. The RXP would be more for me I think.

I am a good mechanic but I dont think I would do any modifications for a long time. I have done a lot of reading and really think that I narrowed it down to Seadoos but since I haven't bought them I am still open minded.

Jack

We bought the RXT and the GTX-SC.
    2 different skis, same hull. The thought was not to buy 2 of the same for various reasons. The main one was that my girlfriend really does not care to go all that fast, but she needs the boost to keep up with me, the other was that after reading various posts the concensus was not to buy 2 identicle based on mechanical failure. We like to run distances vs. circles and speed. We also like the open water, like the gulf of mexico and the atlantic. The money I saved on teh GTX-SC I put into a mac daddy custom trailer with wide 10 inch wheels for long haul towing, spare tire and full running lights, and macker hitch.

that is interesting. What does the difference in the rxt and rxp hulls do for you? Is it the stability, handling etc?

Stability 4 sure, matching hulls I guess r no big deal. 1st time Jskier 4 me, long time surfer. I took the RXT out in the atlantic @ a well known outer reef, charged a 4' breaking wave, went for a big turn on the shoulder and the wave broke on the side of the RXT and tossed my 15yr. old and myself a good 15' from the ski. The ski stayed upright no problem. I seem out running the RXP in swells and chop, only 10 hrs. on it, maybe my imagination. I can lay on the RXT and catch rays while anchored up.

Quote Originally Posted by jack
    that is interesting. What does the difference in the rxt and rxp hulls do for you? Is it the stability, handling etc?
    RXT has the same hull as the GTX/GTX SC

The RXP hull is based on the GTI hull.

Both hulls are extremely stable. (almost too stable)

I weigh about 255 an I can stand in one footwell on either of them without rolling the ski.

Thread Information