Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1

Impros Impeller mod

OK, this thread is over in tech tips. dunno if it was moved or originally posted there, cant remember, but seems to me it belongs here.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=43728

Anybody send their impeller for the mod??

I pulled my 08 pump and sent it to Dave for a complete reconstruct to see what to make of it. 275 for a complete pump work over, not basd so far.

From what I recall, Impros is in Corona (I could be wrong) which is about 20 minutes from me. I may give him a call and see what he can do. But I am with Shaker, are there any improvements that can be done with the pump and impeller? I think I remember most people saying that the stock prop was pretty damn good...

+1
    Hey guys,
    The impeller mod we do to the stock impeller gains up to 1 mph on a stock ski. No loss in acceleration or hook up. Not a bad deal for the money.

We're doing some additional mods to Skips pump along with rebuild.
    D

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Impros View Post
    Hey guys,
    The impeller mod we do to the stock impeller gains up to 1 mph on a stock ski. No loss in acceleration or hook up. Not a bad deal for the money.

We're doing some additional mods to Skips pump along with rebuild.
    D
    Dave, can you elaborate a bit more so you don't get 100 calls?

I read your post for a gain of about 1mph on STOCK ski, are you finding the same results with modded skis? I know that is a little loaded, but was wondering if you could post what you've learned about the 250X and what you've found to work best so far without giving up the farm.

I figure there has to be a bunch of SoCal peeps coming to you for testing.
    Last edited by earthshaker; 01-15-2008 at 09:05 AM.

+1
    Hi Erin,
    I'll let Skip decide which details he may want to reveal. His request was different from what you two guys are after though.

As far as mods we do for the pump, we repair damaged vanes, do the grease to oil mod for the bearings, clean out the casting flaws for more efficiency, replace bearings/seals and replace wear-rings.

For the impeller, this stock impeller mod has done well. We are physically changing the design of the impeller to get the speed. As a customer modifies the engine and rpm's rise, we compensate for that with additional pitch compared to one set up for a stock engine 250X. The gains are typically better with a modified ski, because you're starting with the same impeller as the stock ski, but you have more rpm's to work with so the impeller will produce more speed.

Thanks
    David

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Dave I have sent you a couple of E mails over the last couple of weeks?

+1
    Thanks Dave,

Your frequent presence in GH and willingness to post as an industry respected businessman is very commendable.

If only other businesses that produce hop up parts I'm confident hawkeye this forum would contribute to the success of all and do the same....as often. Please come back here often!!!

I look forward to working with you in the near future and hope others do the same.
    Thanks to Hurricane1000 for your efforts as well on this.
    I felt very confident there was room for improvement when i had it out long ago with the holder/shoe and grate.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Impros View Post
    Hi Erin,

As a customer modifies the engine and rpm's rise, we compensate for that with additional pitch compared to one set up for a stock engine 250X. The gains are typically better with a modified ski, because you're starting with the same impeller as the stock ski, but you have more rpm's to work with so the impeller will produce more speed.
    Dave:
    As you can see from my profile I have thus far lightly modified my 250x. I am considering doing the pulley mod. Would your modifications provide my ski additional speed in it's current state? Would additional mods need to be done if I were to add the pulley? What is the current turnaround on the modification and what is the cost?

David reworked my pump and prop. Kawasaki had told me I had to replace them because they could not be repaired. Kind of makes you loose confidence in your dealer. I have not had a chance to run it since I got it back but it sure looks good.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information