Water Methanol Injection Kits

Has anyone used the water methanol injection kit on their ski? Are there any gains in performance/speed?

I am considering installing this but am curious about any success or failure stories..

Thank you

?

Anybody for the win.....

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Now that you say something about it.... I can see how one would be beneficial. Although I dont know of anybody running one. Snag you a meth kit from Alky Controls or SMC and slap it on there. See what she does! Only down side is having the extra bit of weight from the meth tank/pump.

Snow Performance W/M Injection

Guys over on the Saabnet.com performance board like Snow products. It looks like for less than $500 and 1 hole in the intake you can add some serious horsepower. See the following link:

http://www.saabnet.com/tsn/bb/perfor...tml?bID=118059

I must have missed these when I was on Jegs site. I might give this a try on my Turbo Saab. And, no I haven't seen anyone else on this board mention w/m injection systems... Ron

And, as most will say, no single impeller will be good for both applications... Ron

+1
    You guys must be new or have short memories ... we discussed this numerous times quite awhile ago ... a few people even tried it, but with no gains. The product works, but you need to be able to either add boost, or, more preferably, add timing to take advantage of it and add hp ... with our skis we have no way of changing timing, so nobody has experienced any gain with it. Our conclusion was that it is not a big help to our skis ...

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    rompe21 has one for sale in the classifieds along with the rest of his ski setup... i can only ASSUME he was using it and running it alot if he had it for so long... he had one hell of a fast freaken 3 seater...

maybe he'll give us info on it since he tried it and has one for sale right now

well..

my memory is short, however, I am fairly new to the forum and recall no such thread. Everything you guys have said does make sense. I know on a car it adds horsepower, I had one on a supercharged 5.0 cobra and was rather impressed. Since cars and PWC's run differently, I decided to ask since I am new to the PWC mechanic world. Thank you for all of your help, sounds like a waste of cheddar. I think I will just opt for the External IC.

Thanks again and see you guys at Mudbug-in the ol' rearview

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    You guys must be new or have short memories ... we discussed this numerous times quite awhile ago ... a few people even tried it, but with no gains. The product works, but you need to be able to either add boost, or, more preferably, add timing to take advantage of it and add hp ... with our skis we have no way of changing timing, so nobody has experienced any gain with it. Our conclusion was that it is not a big help to our skis ...
    Im gonna go with option A... New!

Thread Information