Speedfreek's Ride Plate Speed Gains on RXT

Took my ski to Speedfreek to have the rideplate mod that Eric did on Brendan and Mike's RXT. Eric has decided to try an experimental RXT rideplate that he has been playing with and has not had a chance to test it. He decided to try it on my RXT.

I have a full Stage II RXT with a Rotax Racing Intercooler and Rotax Racing S/C impeller. Everything else is Riva.

The best speed number I was getting last season was 68.5 MPH at 8220 RPM's, with 1/2 tank of gas.

Before testing his ride plate on my ski, he repitched and trued my Solas 13/19R to a 14/18. Then he tested the rideplate on my ski and got the following results:

- With a full tank of gas, he got 69.5 at 8180-8200.

- Removed some gas and then got 72.2 @ 8180-8200.

On this particular ride plate, Eric has experimented with doing a little more modifying than normal, and has not been trued or polished the plate. The ride plate holes were filled for testing, and he has not had a chance to modify the intake grate which is still not flush with the ride plate. Skegs have not been added to the ride plate yet. Until he's finished testing on an RXT, I'm sure this latest mod plate will be available for the RXP and RXT. The ride plate is still a closed-loop system.

I'm trying to get Eric to leave this ride plate on my ski so we'll see what happens.
    Last edited by ramnj; 01-14-2008 at 09:35 PM.

nice numbers.... Get that hing out of there before he even gets the chance to take a wrench to it.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    BEFORE... 13/19 @ 8220

AFTER .... 14/18 @ 8200

stage 2 ski with a RR SC impeller at 68-69

Rafi... i think there's some things to be looked at, it's performing a bit under par in my opinion. The rideplate showed gains, and that's great, that's what the thread is about, very cool... but your starting point is off-base to begin with IN MY OPINION

how completely certain are you that the ski is not running against the rev limiter? ... do you have venturi rings? drop a smaller ring in there and see if the rpms drop a bunch or not really, or add more pitch to the prop and see how much lower it comes...

14/18.5 skat repitched prop ran my RXT in the 71-72 range with a make-shift stage 2

i still think she has more left in her

A re-pitch inbetween does not make for a good ride plate test. Gains could all have been from bending the prop.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by GPRXP Steve View Post
    A re-pitch inbetween does not make for a good ride plate test. Gains could all have been from bending the prop.

Banned User
    Are you guys running aftermarket ecu's if not what is rev limiter on the stock ecu i am at 70 mph at 8100 no ride plate holes filled

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Yeah Rafi you were running stock speeds to start. You shoud have been 71-72 already with the mods you had.

Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    Yeah Rafi you were running stock speeds to start. You shoud have been 71-72 already with the mods you had.

Did you really mean "stock speeds" ??
    RXT is 64-65 stock. it looks like he was running stage I speeds last year [68-69]. its true that stage II from Riva should be 71-72. I am hoping to get a stage III setup in a GTX with an RXP engine.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbda View Post
    Did you really mean "stock speeds" ??
    RXT is 64-65 stock. it looks like he was running stage I speeds last year [68-69]. its true that stage II from Riva should be 71-72. I am hoping to get a stage III setup in a GTX with an RXP engine.
    My RXT With only a couple of minor mods runs 68-69 with me riding it at over 300lbs.

THE OFFICAL SUPERDUTY!!!!!! superduty's Avatar
    +1
    I Agree you should be faster then what you are

Thread Information