Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned User
    +1

New Apple MacBook AIR

MAC has been slowly growing on me...this was released today.

http://www.apple.com/macbookair/

http://www.apple.com/macbookair/design.html

Moderated
    funny that, i was just reading the media release.

damn its so sexy, i got my first mac about a year ago although i am a long time die hard NTx fan but i have to be honest and say i really love OSX on my mac book pro although i rarely get to use it since my little woman thinks its hers for some reason.

reliability is going to be the big question Danny, since they started making everything in (apple) China the quality has been a bit iffy. lets hope they have sorted that out now.

Banned User
    +1
    Well, they also switched to Intel for some internals...I was seriously thinking about tossing some stuff at a MAC before Mudbug, mainly so i can edit some GREAT video's......usually when the new stuff comes out, the old stuff goes on sale...its just a matter of what to get

i also have a mac and its great until you need to run microsoft stuff... i upgraded to leopard and that has a program that lets you run other programs now.Just wish more people new how to work with mac.....

Well the business world and mac don't work well together. Thats why I didn't like them much. My sister just got a black macbook and I installed Windows Vista Ultimate on it for her. She said she hasnt used the OS X once. I think I will end up getting this Macbook AIR sometime this semester for a small computer to take to class for notes. I am going to need to throw on Vista though

yeah, i installed windows xp, cause i need to keep all of my quickbooks together with all my other computers..

Moderated
    Quote Originally Posted by palmbeach jesse View Post
    i also have a mac and its great until you need to run microsoft stuff... i upgraded to leopard and that has a program that lets you run other programs now.Just wish more people new how to work with mac.....

install vmware fusion on it, it kills the native emulation application.

its about 60 dollars a license.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Well, they also switched to Intel for some internals...I was seriously thinking about tossing some stuff at a MAC before Mudbug, mainly so i can edit some GREAT video's......usually when the new stuff comes out, the old stuff goes on sale...its just a matter of what to get
    I think i remember my computer concepts teacher saying that Motorolla used to make their processors then they stopped making them so they had to switch to intell being the olny other company

Quote Originally Posted by ReDevilRXP View Post
    I think i remember my computer concepts teacher saying that Motorolla used to make their processors then they stopped making them so they had to switch to intell being the olny other company
    Hmm, I don't know about that. Either way the Intel Processors are wayyyyyy better.

MACs are AMZING but im not sure I would want the air. Maybe for my parents but not me. my macbook is fine for now. the air doesnt have an optical drive and some other stuff that the macbook does but it doe have VGA and DVI compatibility...

if it isnt for media, then the air is for you. if you like your photos and videos, then i suggest a macbook, macbook pro, or a MAC (like a desktop)

RELIABILITY HAS NEVER BEEN AN ISSUE WITH ANY MAC USERS I KNOW.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information