New speed record in the "HEAT"

WOW.....Today i tested my stage II RXT for the second time with the stock class (4502) R/R ECU and i was like

i still can't believe the numbers that i saw in my Gps (71.5 MPH) @ 8400 peak rpm's with a wicked accel with my rough water *** NO PUMP WEDGE*** set-up!!!! last week my best top end speed was only 70 MPH @ 8350 peak rpm's with my "worked" 14/17R solas prop and also get exactly the same numbers with a out of the box 14/19R prop but later that day i found that my stock oem intake grate was hangin from the bottom of the hull and the 3 rear bolts were (missing in action) and only the one that goes in front was holdin the grate in place (my fault), i forget to put lock tight in them, but now comes the best part, right after this speed run i removed my RXT glove box to let some fresh air get inside the engine and right after i started to hit my ski rev limiter @ 8450 @ 3/4 throttle!!!! also noticed that i was reaching my peak rpm's almost twice as fast as before but it was imposible to get a good Gps reading since the wind pick up and the ski started to purpose, just for the record in today speed runs i was using a brand new Riva top louder intake grate.

Ray,

Is the water ever calm in PR to get good speed runs?

Great GPS numbers.

[quote="ramnj"]Ray,

Is the water ever calm in PR to get good speed runs?

Bro, you win the lottery twice, before you find a good spot with calm water here in our island..

Great GPS numbers

Thanks

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    lookin good Ray!! seems you got that ski dialed in pretty good and rocking.

get this... 14/19 out of the box and RR ECU gives me 8050 rpms.... 14/18.5 gives me 8600+ rev limter. now i'm back to my stock ECU and out of the box 14/19.... 71.1 @ 8100 rpms talk about inconsistency and confusion, haha. my ski hates that RR ECU that i have or i'm overlooking something else.

nontheless, congrats on the numbers and progress!!

+1
    Steve have you installed your RR ECU on anothere ski yet? Just to see what happens.
    I wouldn't mind it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    lookin good Ray!! seems you got that ski dialed in pretty good and rocking.

get this... 14/19 out of the box and RR ECU gives me 8050 rpms.... 14/18.5 gives me 8600+ rev limter. now i'm back to my stock ECU and out of the box 14/19.... 71.1 @ 8100 rpms talk about inconsistency and confusion, haha. my ski hates that RR ECU that i have or i'm overlooking something else.

Steve, this is very strange and some what confusing ... in my stage II RXT i was able to spin this same out of the box 14/19R prop to 8350 peak rpm's very easy in our local 90 deg + air and high humidity weather and can hold that peak rpm's reading for EVER, also i didn't noticed that i lose that much holeshot power vs my blueprinted 14/17R prop, (my buddie Israel was hiting his ski rev limiter with this same 14/19R prop on his stage II 04' RXP at HALF THROTTLE!!!! after he put the Riva high flow hood on his boat he is also running a stock class ECU like mine, Steve, i really think that if you have the chance to test the (4502) ECU instead of the (4501) you would be a lot more happy, maybe for this same reason is that the "other guy" is using the S/C ECU instead of yours

nontheless, congrats on the numbers and progress!!
    Thanks

Thread Information