GPRXP Handling Parts Selection - Help - Experienced GPRXP'rs Help me pick out parts!

I need to get a ride plate, intake grate, tabs, sponsons, etc... What brand of what parts have you guys tested? What worked, and what was just dangerous??? I'm looking for top speed, I could care about hole shot, I'll probably barely be able to hang on as is, haha.

I'll be on smooth water 90% of the time, maybe 1-2ft chop at the worst (small lake, more like a river). I know that a 2 bar grate is recommended, but I haven't seen one until now. I was going to get a new pump shoes because the one I have is kinda used up, has some chips on the rear of it... I then found a 2bar grate when I wasnt even looking for one, but its attached as 1 peice to the pump shoe???

Is this what you guys are talking about when u recommend a 2 bar grate? Is something like this a good combo???

http://www.atlanticjetsports.com/handling_kits.htm

I read the gp800r grate is the best for top speed, but what is the advantage to the gp1200r grate? does one have a BAD quirk or something? I have OEM ride plate/tabs and 4 bar intake grate, should I just use that??

+1
    So,
    anything that pertains to a gpr will pertain to a gprxp when it comes to handling. Therefore, a great place to start your research would be here. Use the search engine specifically in THIS forum listed to bring up different setups.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Also, do a search for PhillipGPR and read his stuff. He has done some pretty comprehensive work on setups.

You need to ask yourself some questions first. You need to weigh the answers based upon your preference.

1. Weight of rider.
    2. Riding style (rough water charger, or smooth water flyer)
    3. Where do you sit on the seat?
    4. Have you ridden a gpr before?
    5. Are you going to do lots of turns, or just easy sweepers and long straights?
    6. Do you chase GPS numbers or do you just ride?
    7. Wide open throttle, or more midrange rider?

Average setup for 2ft water:
    -Stock rideplate.
    -Stock tabs lowered 2 washers.
    -3deg nozzle from xlt1200, 87mm nozzle.
    -1200 grate.
    -05 pump and dynafly or concordR prop.

Average setup for smooth water:
    -Jim's performance or Island Racing rideplate.
    -Stock tabs, 1 washer.
    -87mm or 85mm gpr nozzle.
    -800 grate.
    -05 pump, and dynafly.

Setup for rough mofo or closed course boat:
    -stock rideplate.
    -R/D extended tabs spaced down, or mech trim tabs.
    -0deg or 3deg nozzle, 87-90mm bored.
    -R&D Pro2 Shoe and Grate (not made anymore)
    -14vien setback pump with Swirl prop.

Hey guys im from South AFRICA and i have some cheep nasty goodies that work ,i just raced this last weekend and got the hole shot twice against the likes of Seadoo and Kawasaki on my 2008 GP and also won the R2 class for 2007 making me SA champ on my very ......quick GP any tips needed get in touch.
    Quote Originally Posted by boostaholic View Post
    I need to get a ride plate, intake grate, tabs, sponsons, etc... What brand of what parts have you guys tested? What worked, and what was just dangerous??? I'm looking for top speed, I could care about hole shot, I'll probably barely be able to hang on as is, haha.

I'll be on smooth water 90% of the time, maybe 1-2ft chop at the worst (small lake, more like a river). I know that a 2 bar grate is recommended, but I haven't seen one until now. I was going to get a new pump shoes because the one I have is kinda used up, has some chips on the rear of it... I then found a 2bar grate when I wasnt even looking for one, but its attached as 1 peice to the pump shoe???

Is this what you guys are talking about when u recommend a 2 bar grate? Is something like this a good combo???

http://www.atlanticjetsports.com/handling_kits.htm

I read the gp800r grate is the best for top speed, but what is the advantage to the gp1200r grate? does one have a BAD quirk or something? I have OEM ride plate/tabs and 4 bar intake grate, should I just use that??

Gotcha, I have been reading there, but wasnt sure if it applied very well since we are doing about 15-20 mph average faster than them....

I want a smooth water flyer, this ski will see little to no rough water. about 1-2ft chop is about when I park the ski, and get on a larger boat.. I'm into easy sweeping long turns, Unfortunately I'll probably be chasing GPS numbers, or just cruising around, so alot of full throttle runs, and some idling around. Totally a recreational ski, It will never be raced, expect against anyone foolish enough to try and race me while I'm out cruising..

I'm more concerned with high speed handling then turning on a dime

I'm almost ashamed to answer the last question, but no, Ive never ridden a GPR before

Oh, as far as seating posistion, I just sit where its comfortable, upright, no superman in my plans... maybe scooted back with stomach on the seat for hish speed runs...

+1
    This will get you going. Once you get on the water, it can change AROUND these parts nicely. FYI some of the very fastest GPR's are running 90mph... why do you think I chose this hull.

Average setup for smooth water:
    -Jim's performance or Island Racing rideplate.
    -Stock tabs, 1 washer.
    -87mm or 85mm gpr nozzle.
    -800 grate.
    -05 pump, and dynafly.

Let me preface by saying I dont know chit about yami's at this point, but I will be getting a Jim's plate for my GPRXP.

+1
    Duncan,
    welcome to the GH forums!

Sounds like you had a great race.

Thanks Mark, and Steve I think you and I are in the same boat, haha. Now all I have to do is find this "Jim" guy

Thread Information