Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rxp w/ X charger & stock Ic...stock inj? impeller opinions?

Getting ready to go back to "stock" with my Rxp. One problem---I've got an s/c from the Rxp-x.

I ran my RR wheel with stock injectors, stock ic/4" rear intake/14/19R and loved it. It had a ton of mid-range and was a blast to ride.

This time I'll have the X-charger and a 4" front intake with the stock ic. Looking for opinions on the injectors and impeller. I have 42's I can throw in it, but I'd like to run the stockers if possible.

I was going to run a 14/19 3-blade. I loved my 14/19r, and if the 3 blade has any more holeshot/midrange I'd be .

Can be wrong but i think:

4 blades = better for holeshots & acceleration
    3 blades = better for top speed runs

As far as running the stock injectors with the X S/C...i think you should at least put the 42's in...but again....can be wrong.
    Last edited by Jeepster; 01-16-2008 at 07:35 PM.

+1
    i think 42's are stock on a 2008 X model so i would add 42's especially with 4" rear intake!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepster View Post
    Can be wrong but i think:

4 blades = better for holeshots & acceleration
    3 blades = better for top speed runs

As far as running the stock injectors with the X S/C...i think you should at least put the 42's in...but again....can be wrong.
    You have the props mixed up. 3 blade is better for holeshot and midrange, and 4 blade is generally better for top end. However with some TLC the 3 blade can be just as good as the 4 blade for top end.

I do agree. The X SC is roughly = to the Riva S3 SC performance wise, so I would advise the 42# injectors to be safe. However, now with the Rude rising rate fuel regulator you can stick with stock 38# injectors and not worry about running rich with the 42# injectors on bottom end and midrange.

Quote Originally Posted by RXPkid View Post
    You have the props mixed up. 3 blade is better for holeshot and midrange, and 4 blade is generally better for top end. However with some TLC the 3 blade can be just as good as the 4 blade for top end.

I do agree. The X SC is roughly = to the Riva S3 SC performance wise, so I would advise the 42# injectors to be safe. However, now with the Rude rising rate fuel regulator you can stick with stock 38# injectors and not worry about running rich with the 42# injectors on bottom end and midrange.
    I thought about the adj. regulator---I'll probably do that if it seems lazy down low w/ the 42's.

What do you think about the impeller? I really liked my 14/19R, the 15/20R is great on the top-end but is lazy down low. I'd go with a 15/19R 3 blade--but I don't think this setup will have the guts to turn something that big. That's why I was thinking the 14/19 3 blade--maybe with a slight re-pitch.

It will be a 4" front intake--not the rear. I had the rear and like the sound/performance, but didn't like sucking up water everytime I went a little crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by NoMo-xp4me View Post

I ran my RR wheel with stock injectors, stock ic/4" rear intake/14/19R and loved it. It had a ton of mid-range and was a blast to ride.
    i ran this setup for a while also. I must say, for the level of mods this is a very quick setup. can't beat the reliability and easy-no maint. of a setup like this.

i am running a 14/19 3blade now with a stage 2+ rr imp setup and love it.

im running the 15/19 3 blade in the x in salt water turning 8180 rpm

Quote Originally Posted by mxl16 View Post
    i ran this setup for a while also. I must say, for the level of mods this is a very quick setup. can't beat the reliability and easy-no maint. of a setup like this.

i am running a 14/19 3blade now with a stage 2+ rr imp setup and love it.
    The RR/Stock Ic setup should be in the hall of fame for "Best all around fun setup". I'm sure the Greenwheel w/ stock ic is the same way. It just tries to rip you off all the way to 72.

I couldn't believe how much acceleration/pull I lost when I switched to the 15/20R---not worth the extra mph IMO.

I may have to try the 3-blade 14/19.

Quote Originally Posted by powerdoo View Post
    im running the 15/19 3 blade in the x in salt water turning 8180 rpm
    I saw that, but I'm going to have a stock rxp Ic---I think the 15/19 might be a little big.

Quote Originally Posted by NoMo-xp4me View Post
    The RR/Stock Ic setup should be in the hall of fame for "Best all around fun setup". I'm sure the Greenwheel w/ stock ic is the same way. It just tries to rip you off all the way to 72.
    agreed

i think a skat 14/19 3 blade would be right on target for stock ic and X charger.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information