Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OEM supercharger rebuild kit VS Rotax Heavy Duty.

Okay, i have my ski at the dealership getting the supercharger rebuilt under warranty, parts only and will be paying the labor of $168.00. I got a call today that the kit that was shown to me for my rebuilt was the wrong one. It had the 17 teeth gear instead of the 16 teeth gear. The funny thing is that the kit only contained the gear, washers, needle bearings and nut. Looking at the picture of the OEM rebuild in the store here contains alot more than I was shown. The new kit should get there on tuesday so I am going to see the kit again at the dealership before they install it. Now my question is should I just buy the Rotax Heavy Duty kit or the OEM and rebuild it myself which I am capable of doing. What are the pros and cons of each kit. If I go this route, I will end up paying approximately $250 more which I don't mind as long as there's a benefit of it.

+1
    Update even at your own expense... it will save you alot of heartaches... metal clutches too.

So under warranty you have the option of either paying more for the RR one ?

How did you get them to do it under warranty did you bring them your SC to do the slip test or did you bring in you modded ski ?

+1
    That is an old rebuild kit they had sitting on their shelf. The new kit is the 06 spec that you see in the store. It is also the same thing as the RR kit.

+1
    Tell the dealer you want the o6 clutch kit under warranty. Tell them you have heard of many failures to get them to call the seadoo rep. You never know they might approve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinchyle
    So under warranty you have the option of either paying more for the RR one ?

Well, no. They had the parts covered under warranty. I'll find out the exact status on tuesday since they are close on monday. I am most like getting the 06 spec. Like I was telling Hulk, the guy at the dealer insisted the there is no difference between 04 and 06

How did you get them to do it under warranty did you bring them your SC to do the slip test or did you bring in you modded ski ?
    I did the slip test and the slip moment was at 57 in. lb. I thought of rebuilding myself but but called the dealer and told me that they can warranty it but I'll be paying labor. I just wanted to bring the SC and have it rebuilt but they wanted the whole ski So, I brought it in pieces.

+1
    Sorry for my ignorance, but what is the SLIP test. I think I might be having problems with low boost.
    Appreciate input, Thanks.

Went to the dealership yesterday and found out that they are installing the 06 spec. I also had the Hydro-turf installed.

If I pull out my SC is there anyway to find out if I have a 05 or 06 spec shaft.

+1
    If you have an 05 ski then you have the old style 04-05 assembly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information