Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Air Intake Idea...Revamped!

I know you guys all remember my air intake to the front vent...what if...

I took my air intake out of my front vent and moved it to the rear seat cross brace vent thing ya know? would I get any more rpms from that because it is so short of a run to the S/C....

But...would that area get enough air?? and If I had anouther 2 people on my 3 seater would that close the air way?

Also would that allow the engine compartment to "vent more" by having the front vent open and the rear vent closed?

What ya'll think?

hmmm...Ok then i guess i will leave it like it is...

Are you talking about a rear intake ?
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forum/viewt...xt+rear+intake

If I was to do it all over again I would drill 2 1/2 holes in it and use flow rite. I about to convert it over to flow rites on the back or just by another back side piece. I think it's like 50

No, not drilling holes into the ski, I am meaning using the Cross brace where your front seat clips to and you back seat has two prongs that go into....

Ya know the vent that has the tube going to the very bottom of the hull? just taking that tube out and re routing my S/C intake 4" tube to connect to the clip thing, just like the front but moved to the back to open up the BIG front vent for a vent, and using the rear cross brace as the air intake....My only questions were...

would it net me any performance gains? would there be any chance of it getting blocked (by someone sitting there, or just design flaw...)

thanks

+1
    KIS Keep it simple... Riva's air intake Works... So why?

+1
    My 4inch intake is awesome and It was very simple.

I already have a air itnake to my front vent...I am wondering if I would gain any rpms or speed by switching it to the rear cross brace vent...

And why not to do Rivas...hmmm I saved about 200 bucks and now am getting Cool Fresh air to my eingine instead of hot engine air...

Give a shot and see what the gps tells you.
    Either cut the tip of the stock tube and use a rubber hose connector to a flex tube or you can use drainage fittings from home depot /lowes they will connect right up to those connections.

Use an outerwearsracing.com pre-filter over the tube and you don't have to worry about injestion.

I like using a rear intake because it gives you so much more room.

heres a quick pic....

I have an outerwears from my first front vent intake (if yall can remember that...)

I have a reducing 90 4" tp 3" from the hose to the S/C and then I have a 4" to 3" drainage reducer to reduce the Vent tube that clips in to the hose....

The only thing I am scared of is it getting blocked some how...either by someone sitting on the space between the seat or something ya know?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vent_intake_3456_153.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	3582  

It lets in/out a good amount of air. I had tubes that blew air into that chamber and I could feel the air leaving. It was enough air that my wife didn't like all the air blowing around her, so I switched to blowing it out 3 thru hulls (4th is for the bilge).

If you don't get enough air going out you can put a rubber tube in between the 1st and 2nd seat and it bends out the sides of the rear seat a bit and you can't see the tubes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information