Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: ECU!!!

ECU!!!

OK I need some help!!! Which is the best ECU. I have finally got some of my parts in and I'm going to start building the motor this weekend so I will soon be needing the ECU. Please help!!!

Thanks
    Corey

+1
    Riva ECU is the best and retains stock type features and can be hooked to BUDS to help diagnose problems, etc.

Don't forget that you must do the valvetrain upgrade with any ECU that increases the rev limit.

Riva ECU is the best way to go.

Sorry Jerry but I will have to disagree on this one. Riva is OK but it does not do everything it claims to do. Plus it VOIDS the warrenty which is a huge negative. Rotax revs higher and with fuel controller has more tunability plus you keep your warrenty.

so glad I asked...I had not planned on doing the valves yet. Guess I wil be doing that before I put it back together...I'm never going to finish this thing

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Riva ECU is the best and retains stock type features and can be hooked to BUDS to help diagnose problems, etc.

Don't forget that you must do the valvetrain upgrade with any ECU that increases the rev limit.
    What he said....Of course!...I have it so...HA!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by idizzy View Post
    Sorry Jerry but I will have to disagree on this one. Riva is OK but it does not do everything it claims to do. Plus it VOIDS the warrenty which is a huge negative. Rotax revs higher and with fuel controller has more tunability plus you keep your warrenty.
    Sorry Mike but you are wrong!

They both rev the same (8650 RPM's)

Name one thing that Riva claims it will do and won't?

When most people mod their ski to the point of an ECU the warranty is void anyway!

The Riva ECU maintains knock control. The Rotax Racing has ZERO knock control. How can that be a good thing on a high reving boosted engine?

The Riva ECU is boost sensitive so it needs no add on piggy back fuel controller. If you need more fuel than it can deliver then you simply add a Rude rising rate regulator that you can set yourself and be done with it. Most people do not have the capability to program their own piggy back fuel controller.

The Rotax Racing ECU marries the first throttle body it is powered up with. The Riva ECU can be reset on BUDS at your local dealer and moved from ski to ski with no problems.

The Riva ECU is roughly half the cost of the Rotax Racing ECU.

Try hooking a Rotax Racing ECU up to BUDS to diagnose an electrical or sensor problem. You can't! With the Riva its a cake walk!

I really want a response on what you say the Riva ECU will not do that Riva claims it will do..........
    Last edited by Green Hulk; 01-17-2008 at 09:20 PM.

+1
    They both do 8650?
    I always thought that the RR did a little more than the Riva for some reason?

I may be getting one soon and the thought of picking up a RR ecu even used $750+ and then having to drop another $500 on a fuel controller doesn't make a lot of sense when the Riva is just plug and go with no wire splicing and such.

+1
    Correct David, they both do 8650.

You bring up another good point. Riva ECU is plug and play and the Rotax Racing ECU has caused all kinds of confusion with removing knock sensor update harnesses on 04's, cutting out resistors on 05's, etc.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Correct David, they both do 8650.

You bring up another good point. Riva ECU is plug and play and the Rotax Racing ECU has caused all kinds of confusion with removing knock sensor update harnesses on 04's, cutting out resistors on 05's, etc.
    And having to wire in the fuel controller.
    I really am not scared to wire anything but it sure gets old.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information