Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

RXT impellers...

A coupla questions for those in the know...

A stock RXT's impeller has what pitch?

As you move up through the modding scale what props should you be able to spin and at what...stages?

Reason being....I'll be maxxing out my current...almost stock set up...instead of buying an intermeadiate prop...should I send my stocker to impros for a tweaking, to get me up outa stock range...still be usefull in my up coming intermeadiate set ups...till I can get to 3+?

Kinda hard to follow...I know.

Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post
    A coupla questions for those in the know...

A stock RXT's impeller has what pitch?

As you move up through the modding scale what props should you be able to spin and at what...stages?

Reason being....I'll be maxxing out my current...almost stock set up...instead of buying an intermeadiate prop...should I send my stocker to impros for a tweaking, to get me up outa stock range...still be usefull in my up coming intermeadiate set ups...till I can get to 3+?

Kinda hard to follow...I know.
    VaRedneck I can tell you my experience...With stage 3 and associated mods I was running a 14/19 +2 pretty well. Like 69.6 mph at 8200. I tried going to a 15/20 -2 from Jerry's recommendation but it did not help. I could only pull it at 68.5 at 8160. Then I gutted and shortened the water box and flared the j-pipe. I was all over the limiter and burnt my exhaust manifold so I tried a clean 15/20 and vola, I got 71.4 at 8180. I then bought the shorty water box and now I get 73.4 at 8180. I machined the nozzle and will be trying an 81mm ring to bring the rpm's down to 8100 and hope a little speed increase when I can ride again. It took me 7 months to get here with different combinations.
    I would definately use improv to pitch your impellers instead of bending yourself. I tried several different props with varying results and finally gave up finding the right one before opening up the waterbox. All skis are different and I hesitate to really recomend a prop because the recommendations I followed did not give me the performance I was looking for.
    I said all of the above to make the point that I needed to open up my exhaust in order for the ski to come alive. After seeing the improvement in the gutted waterbox I was happy. There's a lot of hidden performance in the exhaust system. (Sorry for the rambling...)

lafjax,

Thanks for the heads up on the waterbox. I've been getting things lined up for a waterbox and exhaust mod....kinda wanted to get things a little further along before I posted about them though....something Danny mentioned with his and BO's got my mind to turning...anyway...thanks.

I'll hunt up impros then and pose some other questions to him.
    Last edited by VaRedneck; 01-17-2008 at 01:59 PM.

THE OFFICAL SUPERDUTY!!!!!! superduty's Avatar
    +1
    i will post some results when i can stock SC stock prop runnin 69, green wheel with stock prop and on the limiter 67, gonna put int the 81mm ring and see what she does, if not good i have a 14/19 i'm gonna slap in it and go back with the 82mm ring

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    Dude......trust me please!!....If you are here it means you gonna mod like crazy!....Get at least the riva stage 3 and be done with it...or the rude....and slap a 15/18-15/19 three blade on it and be done with it....Or 15/20R 4 blade if you have a rude from what I've heard...Otherwise you will spend tons of $$$$ for NOTHING!

Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post
    lafjax,

Thanks for the heads up on the waterbox. I've been getting things lined up for a waterbox and exhaust mod....kinda wanted to get things a little further along before I posted about them though....something Danny mentioned with his and BO's got my mind to turning...anyway...thanks.

I'll hunt up impros then and pose some other questions to him.
    Sure, but if you do some mods and don't feel like you got the prescribed performance then jump on the exhaust mods...they are worth it!!

lafjax,

I will do the exhaust mod first...it'll be the last of the...not-quite-diy mods to get done....local.

GEO,
    Get at least the riva stage 3 and be done with it...or the rude....and slap a 15/18-15/19 three blade on it and be done with it....Or 15/20R 4 blade if you have a rude from what I've heard...Otherwise you will spend tons of $$$$ for NOTHING!
    That's the eventual plan....but it's gonna take a while and in the mean time...I still gotta ride..as fast as I can.

+1
    i'm not looking for the fastest, i want fast a reliable, plus might sell it

+1
    ok VA as of saturday the 23rd i ran 70.5 on half a tank of gas made about 6 runs and they all came back with the same speed give or take a tenth of a mph,

my setup is this , green wheel, friebe's 4in intake, power pipe, solas 14/19r, RE block offs, riva recdution nozzle with 82mm ring, and thats it

water was 66, outside temp was 70, but my baot will run strong in the heat also

What kind of r's were you turning?

...and where would I find a pic of "friebes' 4" intake".

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information