When to start Modding?

I was thinking about getting a new 08 GPR and I was wondering if most people wait until their warranty is up before modding or not? I know that the warranty is suppose to be good unless it is proven that the mod caused the damage, but that usually does not work our in your favor. I currently have an 00GPR but I did not perform any mods until after the warranty.

+1
    Welcome flash.Most people on here have modded ski's.What is it that you want to do? Have a 70-75mph ski....80mph? There are things you can do without hurting the warrenty.As long as its not under the seat.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by flash_e View Post
    I was thinking about getting a new 08 GPR and I was wondering if most people wait until their warranty is up before modding or not? I know that the warranty is suppose to be good unless it is proven that the mod caused the damage, but that usually does not work our in your favor. I currently have an 00GPR but I did not perform any mods until after the warranty.
    Hello flash, If you buy an extended warranty. You do not want any engine mods at this time so you do not void the warranty. First thing you need to do is get that stock grate out and put an after market one. You can go with a after market ride plate that will give you about 2 mph. gain. Or you can buy a modded plate that i sell that will give you 4 to 5 mph.

+1
    Welcome Flash, where do you ride?

My buddy has an '06 with a riva 1200 grate and stepped sponsons and LOVES IT!

+1
    well hell...i got my ski 6 months ago and was planning to keep it stock until i wanted to go faster. i also have the extended warranty. if anything goes i have the stock parts. i will just put them back on and have them warranty it them but the aftermarket parts back on.

Sorry to bring this back up top, but I have a question about mods and warranty. People say that the warranty should be intact as long as there are no mods under the seat. Well...what about a tunel reinforcement? Just to be sure, what about a grate, plate and ppk?

+1
    Im with altezza. Just put the mods on and if it breaks then rip them off and put ur stock parts back on so they will fix it under the warranty. if you wait till the warranty is up then ur wasting time that you can be going fast.

Thread Information