Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question More Speed Required

Hey guys,

Been thinking a bunch about this and wanted to see if anyone could think of other options.

Bought an '07 wake 155hp this summer. Rode it lots but always felt like it was say 50hp underpowered. Thought about which engine to get before purchase but consensus was that the 155 would be lots. Well.. its not.

Obviously if I had found this forum first, I definitely would have picked up an RXT to start!

Guess my question is if it would be better to pick up an RXT or if I there is any mods that can make this perform. I am not very mechanically inclined.. so an RXT with warranty sounds tempting. Seems like all the Riva stuff is made for the SC/IC engines...

Thanks for the help!

I would suggest getting a RXT or something that is allready SCIC because there are not many hop ups for the 155hp engine.........these motors need boost to make alot of power and it would cost too much to build that motor to accept a supercharger or turbo.......much cheaper joining the Supercharged crowd from the factory

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicMS3 View Post
    I would suggest getting a RXT or something that is allready SCIC because there are not many hop ups for the 155hp engine.........these motors need boost to make alot of power and it would cost too much to build that motor to accept a supercharger or turbo.......much cheaper joining the Supercharged crowd from the factory
    I agree...with the supercharger you can do stuff but you will not see the real benifit as you would with a supercharged engine. The 08 RXT's are the cat's meow...

+1
    You need to go with the 215hp engine. It will cost you to much money to get your ski to were you are happy.

Sell or trade in the Wake, believe me you won't regret it once you get in your hands one this supercharged babys .

+1
    I would say buy as much horsepower as you can get stock (RXP/RXT etc) to start with. Much better deal than trying to play catch up let alone exceed the supercharged skis.

Guess that kinda confirms was I was thinking. Sucks to be unhappy with something you have just purchased. Its so hard to decide without trying them out!!

Thanks for the input. I am going to check out how much the dealer would like me to bend over

How does your GTI do towing............I am thinking of puting a small hitch on my Mazdaspeed 3 to tow short distances

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicMS3 View Post
    How does your GTI do towing............I am thinking of puting a small hitch on my Mazdaspeed 3 to tow short distances
    Its been pretty good. Pulls hard getting into traffic, kinda sucks when braking super hard but I normally have the car loaded pretty good too.

Probably the best part of using such a little vehicle to tow is the fuel economy...normally get over 25mpg on long trips

MS 3 was my second choice for a vehicle!

cool.......I love GTIs they are very solid cars.....GTI was my first choice as well....I couldn't do without the extra power.....MAZDA will void my warranty if I install a trailer hitch because they said the turbo will not handle the extra stress.......I call BS........plus in Europe or Australia it is a factory option on Mazdaspeed 3. I'm just wanting to tow a 2 seater 2-stroke 5 miles to and from the boat launch so I know it can handle it......if the dealer says anything I'll say the wires and hitch are for my illuminated bike rack

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information