Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Shawn Alladio takes a beating

Shawn Alladio takes a beating on her PWC during a tow surfing contest
    Liquid Militia Team Rider Shawn Alladio:
    Takes a beating at the 2008 Nelscott Reef Tow in Classic while on her PWC.

Shawn Alladio was making a rescue on a PWC of a surfer at the tow surfing contest in Lincoln City, OR yesterday. For the last day of the Nelscott tow surfing contest, when her ski bogged down after getting "Frog" (I think that was the surfers name) on the ski. There was nothing she or him could do except take the beating of the 40 foot + wave/waves. Shawn and Frog both went under for a series of waves. In the end they both are OK, with cuts/slaches/bruses to mention a few (possible broken rib). Shawn was ironically rescued by one of her students, good thing he took the class lol.. Frog is also OK, the ski was pretty much destroyed. I don't want to get into all the details with this but she is overall OK, in good spirits.

I'm sure you will be hearing more about this!!! I will keep you posted, or she can when she get's to the computer...

Shawn has been involved with personal watercraft since the beginning it is her passion to help people learn and be safe while on the water. I know a lot of you may know her, just thought you all might want to know.

Shawn's Web site www.shawnalladio

Shawn's Liquid Militia Team Rider Profile to check out:
    http://www.liquidmilitia.com/alladio.php

From Shawns daughter,
    Kyla

+1
    Glad to hear their ok.

+1
    hate to here that especially someone who has done so much for the pwc community. get well and best wishes

Thanks, Jammer 1

+1
    Damn Girl!

Heal up quick.

Did they at least rescue the ski and get the mechanicals cleaned out before the salt water sat in it too long?

+1
    Heya Team....well thanks, all is swell, just got home, been gone for 3 weeks. The ski isn't destroyed just damaged, minor damages, broken mirror/hood and a piece of side flashing, and at the Kawasaki dealer now, it was upside down for one wave, then the next wave righted it, it didn't sink entirely, just took on water, dewatered the interior on the outside and towed it through the shore break. It was a good experience on many levels, 'nice and easy'..we sorted it all out quickly. Glad that Osh was ok, could have been worse, guess the Fates have more in store for us, just a bummer that the boat missed, because it was such a groovy rescue, really sexy. LOL I was honestly more afraid driving up there and back during the storms pulling the big trailer with 4 skis, the 5 had snow at the passes so I took coast Hwy1...I feel safer in the ocean than I do on our roadways...

Shawn

Shawn, glad to hear you are ok. I guess no broken ribs? I didnt know we had waves that big off Oregon coast. Ice is just frozen water so you should feel at home on it. Maybe if you wore your wetsuit while you drove on I-5 it would feel more comfortable! I hope you have a quick recovery!

+1
    Yes Blue, please don't make me laugh or sneeze...LOL
    I get just as banged up working the IJSBA World Finals, but that takes about a week, this took about 4 waves..LOL
    Nice to be home, will be going to Laughlin Nevada this week for the CRLEA conference...Colorado River Law Enforcement Association....looking forward to it. Yeah Oregon has some bombs, the whole coast lights up when the ocean comes alive...

Glad to everyone is OK.

African-American
    +1
    Glad ur safe, just shows how dangerous the ocean is.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information