Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

250x aftermarket ignition.........

ok it has been long enough.......has anyone heard anything about a new ecu for the 250x? i know you can buy ones for a couple grand and tweek them but have any pwc mod companies done anything?

i was wondering the same thing i wanted to make some bigger spark plug wires with the spare msd wires i have laying around but i think 8.5mm might be to big ?

+1

i think there are some

there are a few companies working on them now, i talked to one yesterday and it will be a while....but you get completey programable ignitions, but i have no idea how much it would take to set it up it terms of mods.....macc said they were working on something......but no word

Lets pray its not an Altronics system.

Since the 08 seems to be programmed leaner, I cant imagine how an after market ECU is going to help a stock unit. If something does come out I hope it is with the same success as the RXP/RXT had with the unit Rotax made.

Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post

Since the 08 seems to be programmed leaner, I cant imagine how an after market ECU is going to help a stock unit. If something does come out I hope it is with the same success as the RXP/RXT had with the unit Rotax made.
    Whats wrong with autronics?

It is an awsome ecu. Most turbo seadoos run them, well most fast boats at finals had them.

snapper455
    the kawi w/stock ecu won! most of the autronic seadoo had electrical probs

I build Horsepower
    +1
    I have used / sold many Autronic products for Ski's... over 6 years now with very good results. Water proof case is a real bonus. In my book only Motec comes close to Autronic .

From my experience, It’s always been the consumers installs that have problems . Not the product.

Shawn

+1

Skip are you kidding... probalby 2 mph and a ton of aceleration at he same rpm, more if you can get it to pull 8200. The SC they saddled you with is the biggest hold back though.

Thats why I said doing an aftermarket ECU on the stock units wont help much at all. We are finding that we are at the limitation of the charger. Spinning much more just drops boost and torches the IC. The ECU seems to be running quite well but that could just be me.

We are at a double fucked situation here. One the hul. Adding more power makes the hull plow more. Second is this damn heat gun Kawi calls a blower. Spin it faster then R&D is and it shoots flames out the side of it. jk . So we are in a situation that brings us into the motor.

Buut then again an ECU reflash might help out a bit.

+1

how

how do you reflash an ecu?

Thats why I said doing an aftermarket ECU on the stock units wont help much at all. We are finding that we are at the limitation of the charger. Spinning much more just drops boost and torches the IC. The ECU seems to be running quite well but that could just be me.

We are at a double fucked situation here. One the hul. Adding more power makes the hull plow more. Second is this damn heat gun Kawi calls a blower. Spin it faster then R&D is and it shoots flames out the side of it. jk . So we are in a situation that brings us into the motor.

Buut then again an ECU reflash might help out a bit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information