RR Stock class ECU

What do I need to do to the motor when installing this? The motor I bought for my conversion came with the RR stock class ECU and a stock ECU. I will be running a RR intercooler, 42lb injectors (with RR ECU only). Do I need to do a valvetrain upgrade or an I O.K? If I remember correctly, the VT upgrade needs to be done with higher revving ECU's right?

+1
    You will want to do the valvetrain upgrade on anything with an aftermarket ECU that exceeds the stock rev limit.

So I should run the stock RXP ECU with the stock injectors and the I/C until I get the upgrade done?
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    You will want to do the valvetrain upgrade on anything with an aftermarket ECU that exceeds the stock rev limit.

+1
    Well, you might be able to get by with it for a while but its something you definitly want to change. You don't want to drop a valve and toast your engine after all the hard work you've done on your conversion.

Banned User
    +1
    Yea, put it all back to stock while you dial in the ski...You can still run the RRIC with the stock setup....Then when you are ready, valvetrain and ECU swap, hit the water...by then the only adjusting you would need to do is get the pitch right...

Yea that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Well, you might be able to get by with it for a while but its something you definitly want to change. You don't want to drop a valve and toast your engine after all the hard work you've done on your conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by seadoo951 View Post
    What do I need to do to the motor when installing this? The motor I bought for my conversion came with the RR stock class ECU and a stock ECU. I will be running a RR intercooler, 42lb injectors (with RR ECU only). Do I need to do a valvetrain upgrade or an I O.K? If I remember correctly, the VT upgrade needs to be done with higher revving ECU's right?
    My freind had a stock class ECU with Riva intercooler and his motor was why lean.I would send the ECU to make it full race they add more fuel to that map.Then I would do the valve train upgrade.I ran stock class ECU for 2 years and never had a valve problem for 100 hrs of all racing.I was all over the revlimiter.

+1
    From my experience i can say you install "valve train" to save your engine.

Really with RR ECUS (stock and superstock) you need it to get a safety engine...for the 06 and 07 models itīs necesary if you donīt install it you can be sure youīll break the valves, even with rev limiter at 8.350 RPM.

Really for 2006/07 models we donīt install RR ECU stock (the problem isnīt the RPM, itīs the mapping), we prefer install superstock because we had a lot of problem with RR ECU stock. If youīll run over 8.500RPM then i recommended install lighter valces too.

+1
    The older version stock class ECU's had an 8500 rev limit so it's best to upgrade the valvetrain.

I just spoke withe the person I bought this from and he said that he put shims under the valves so it's good to 8700 RPM's. Is this true? Also, what is this abou not getting enough fuel? I pulled the plugs on the motor and they are a very light grey to almost white. I know of a 2 stroke this means lean but on a 4 stroke I don't know.

Thread Information