Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with break-in for GP1300R

My owners manual doesn`t say squat. Exactly how much oil are you supposed to add for the first full tank of fuel?

I did a search and came up with modded motors stuff...PR...

some people like to premix for break in i don't know the how much oil with gas but your also suppose to run it at 5,000 rpms for the first tank of fuel and most ppl like to do short WOT bursts for the first 10 hrs

+1
    andy,when you picked up your ski, did they give you a bottle of yamalube 2-r? that is what they gave me to premix my first tank 64:1 on top of the regular oil injection.

Dude, it was the worst 4-5 hours of my riding life breaking in the first tank. I rode at varying rpm levels for about a min each. 1krpm,2k,3k,4k,5k,6k with occasional wot blasts for a few seconds.

I was told by dennis that this would help break it in evenly. I took it out during the week where there would be no hurry to open it up. I rode by myself since i was just putting around in circles.

The 2nd tank i also premixed 64:1 for insurance and let it rip. After the 2nd tank i changed the plugs and it was business as usual.
    Last edited by KamikazeGPR; 01-20-2008 at 01:55 PM. Reason: I learned how to multiply and divide,LoL

African-American
    +1
    um, you can do this instead of riding it around for breakin.

Tie the ski to the jetty. With the nose up against it.attach the lanyard to the jetty (trust me )

Then you adjust the throttle to your desired rpm, and leave it.

check on it occastionally.

African-American
    +1
    I did a similar thing yesterday, except i had a swim behind it.

Was my budget jaccuzi

+1
    I would think yu would only want 60 or 80 to one added to the tank along with injection. Thats a lot of oil to fuel ratio. On a premix boat I go 32-1 for break in and 40-1 after the first tank.

+1
    I've only pre-mixed that one tank of gas in my life so i may not be accurate with what the % was. What is the breakdown 16 gallons of gas to 1 qt of yamalube?

+1
    Andy, I break all my motors in the same way so this should apply to new craft also. I add 1oz per gallon extra and run a full tank for break-in. Then I start by running for 20 minutes with short bursts on the throttle varying between 40-60% throttle. I then let it cool for twenty minutes. I repeat this same process one more time. after that I run the rest of the tank out with bursts to WOT but never staying on it too long and never cruising in any position for too long. The rings need pressure to break-in good, dead stop and hammer it to the described positions has worked great for me. it is boring as hell and I'm sure looks ridiculous to anybody watching but it works. I use Yamalube for break-in and eventualy change over to amsoil after a few tanks.

+1
    64:1,hard counting on fingers. so ok,what duke said, they just told me to add the bottle.

I didn`t get any bottle of anything, but I will ask when I go to pic up the registrations. They just put enough gas in it to start. They didn`t hook up the hose, and it must have been a very very short running period bc the hour metter still shows 000.0

nobody went over the ski with me the more I think about it, they gave me very little. I remember when you used to get a full tank of fuel and the oil tank was full, not in this case ...

so, ok, 1 ounce per every gallon, so if it`s 15 gallons it`s 15 ounces of Yami lube?
    where can I buy yami lube online?...Thanks fellas!...PR...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information