Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Improve And Mod Pumps

Well guys, i would like to hear ideas to improve and get a better performance on the pump...i think that itīs a very important part for a good performance.

Who know how work each part of the pump really ?

i mean like ail cone, impeller , diameter wear ring, nozzle size, nozzle steering size, etc...

Best regards

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Well Dan ant Jet Draft posted picks of his pump spacer(for the 103mph ski) It appeared to be between 2.5 and 3 inches deep and would nee a corresponding extended drive shaft.

+1
    Dan and I are working very hard on getting the pump/driveshaft extention on the market. I should have some good news for you guys soon.

+1
    Maybe i didnīt explain .

I donīt talking about TOP SPEED, i mean all the range response ...acceleration, cavitation, top speed of course...and how work each part.

Sometimes you can have a good performance engine but if you donīt have a good combination pump you donīt get traslate the power to the water.

I think that if you install a spacer that you say you get more volume of water before the impeller...then too you can mod the tunnel desing for example...

What about the cones..for example today i test a wet wolf cone and i got 3 more Km/h...

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Dan and I are working very hard on getting the pump/driveshaft extention on the market. I should have some good news for you guys soon.
    Jerry.... You always have something in the works to keep us waiting in anticipation don't you.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JESUSSEADOO View Post
    Maybe i didnīt explain .

I donīt talking about TOP SPEED, i mean all the range response ...acceleration, cavitation, top speed of course...and how work each part.

Sometimes you can have a good performance engine but if you donīt have a good combination pump you donīt get traslate the power to the water.

I think that if you install a spacer that you say you get more volume of water before the impeller...then too you can mod the tunnel desing for example...

What about the cones..for example today i test a wet wolf cone and i got 3 more Km/h...
    I know as far as the 4-tec Doos there isn't much for the reduction nozzle it one size and I don't think many have tried changing it.

The nozzle out let rings are pretty easy bigger-better acceleration smaller-better top end. It best to try and match this to keep the engine under the rev limiter.

Impeller, basically what I've seen here is to match it to engine hp (adjust nozzle size) then tweak the prop to get the engine to just under the Rev limiter.

The only factor I can think that just tunes the pump is the oil cone. Large and long for speed, small and flat for hook up.

That's about all I know.

+1
    The extention mod will give better holeshot, improve hookup and will also increase top speed.

+1
    Jerry -

I like the pump extension stuff - when I did my Wetbike intake lengthen and pump setback - we went from 45 to 50. The intake - pump is the only thing holding back the RXP/T from more easy speed.

Since it's -11 in minneapolis today I can wait - I have a spare pump or two if needed. Wednesday I back in Fort Myers

Keep up the good work. (you to dan JD1)

Tim

I am just trying to get a good pump set up now, 1st time on the water with new boat in the weekend. RXP, with C-Kit, Les Cooke Air Filter & Rising Reg, Riva Stage 3 Brain, 50lbs injectors, Pirana Intercooler, 60mm Throttle Body. The Boat is for closed course and I want maximum Holeshot (with zero cavitation) Can anyone recommend a starting point.

+1
    Tim, 5 mph is a huge improvement with a pump extenion. We will only see about 2 mph with the extension on the RXP but we'll take all we can get

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information