Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Cool 15F budget Project

alright, so after seeing Rodnayae's honda budget project (GREAT JOB) and really liking it, us kawi guys gotta put our head together and work on something over the winter to pass the time till we can ride again. I've got an 06' 15f with the Riva RPM kit. I'm gonna talk to Dave at Impros this week about a spec impeller. I've been talking to some people about tricks and stuff for the extra little bit of speed and we decided to throw it out to everybody for input and ideas. Try to keep things around or the 2k range

What we have so far.
    Riva RPM kit
    Custom air intake under the rear seat (inplace of thiers at the TB)
    Impros spec impeller (inplace of Riva's 14/21)
    Pump Wedge
    Wet Pump Mod (Thanks Hurricane) +.5 mph GPS
    Front and Rear Ventilation (Thanks Chowski)

Things im looking into:
    Fabracating a lightweight rear seat with air intake to feed filter under the seat. The new rear seat would be made from alum. and painted to specs.

Also fabing up mirror block offs that can feed fresh air to the engine compartment.

How low we can safely run the engine oil not to compomise reliability or overheating. (anybody ever thought of an oil cooler or is it not neede because we're not making tons of power)

Extrude and Hone intake and Exhaust manifolds

Our goal is to get as close to 70 mph as possible while running pump fuel. if everybody chips in we can get pretty damn close.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jordan pics 090.jpg 
Views:	498 
Size:	3.12 MB 
ID:	53558  
    Last edited by jtskir15f; 01-20-2008 at 03:09 PM. Reason: just wanted to ad something

Nitrous anyone?!?

NX offers a nitrous setup for 4 cylinder jetskis w/ jets for 40,60,80, and 100hp
    The only downside, it costs 1k.

+1
    I was at Macc racing in Sept and he said the extrude honed exhaust manifold is worth 8hp. I plan on doing it this season as well as the water box.

What's the wet pump mod?

Hello,

can you explain : Wet Pump Mod (Thanks Hurricane) +.5 mph GPS
    Front and Rear Ventilation (Thanks Chowski)

wet pump mod interress me...

AaronC : what Macc do on exaust manifold ?

+1
    You should be able to get a 10lb bottle to fit where your second waterbox goes, also you can put a NO2 kit together for about half that price

for the wet pump mod go into kawasaki 250x performance and click on "IMPROS impeller mod" then click on the link in the 1st post. the mod converts the grease in your pump to oil for less friction.

for the ventilation, look at the custom air intake thread under kawasaki performance and look at Chowski's post towards the end.

the pic i posted is of my cold air intake, it's in the bucket under the rear seat to get fresh cold air from the outside and not hot air from the engine compartment.

aaron c: 8 hp just on the exhaust (not including intake manifold)? does that mean another 8-10 hp if you do the intake side . HOW MUCH!?!

Quote Originally Posted by jtskir15f View Post
    for the wet pump mod go into kawasaki 250x performance and click on "IMPROS impeller mod" then click on the link in the 1st post. the mod converts the grease in your pump to oil for less friction.

for the ventilation, look at the custom air intake thread under kawasaki performance and look at Chowski's post towards the end.

the pic i posted is of my cold air intake, it's in the bucket under the rear seat to get fresh cold air from the outside and not hot air from the engine compartment.
    Where are you getting the cold air from though? I hope is NOT just the tubes under the seat. This may be restricting you. Have you thought of Cutting the front cowling of the speedo area? Then putting that waterproof mesh, and running a tube from their to the bucket? What about the the 4 hooks that are near the back of the ski. They are silver, I was going to remove them, and put that same screen to cover the hole, this could be used as bringing in fresh air, or even letting the hot air out.

ALso, what about advancing your timeing? THis may help slightly. Look into spark plugs also. I've heard you can get a different plug to run in these ski's, not sure which one though.
    The Wedge does not work from what I have heard. I'd like to try a 1% though, just to see for myself...
    Cut the center bar on the stock grate, but this will make is more suseptable to possibly breaking. Be careful! Those are little things, overall, you need to build a little more HP though. OR just get the offshore kit, but then your running 109 fuel.
    I'll be following your progress. Keep us posted.

i've already done all of the air intake stuff (the 4 tie downs, plus under the hood) also the aluminium rear seat im making is going to have built in cowls in it to really get the air moving.

i've heard that advancing the timing only helped on accleration and slowed down your top speed. but idk. for sure.

im looking into extruding and honing the intake and exhaust manifolds and ill look into the spark plugs. thanks for that tip

i think for shits and giggles im gonna have my engine head cover painted lime green with the kawasaki name in chrome.

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information