Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1

Arrow Post Your E-bay Name

Let's make this a sticky!
    Let's all post our E-BAY NAME so we can watch out for each other.

Me...Well I'm Simple.....KEDDANO

Lindsey 2010

+1
    This is just my opinion, but some people may not want to share their screen name. This site already has some "spammer" invasions from time to time. the last thing we need is for people to divulge their ebay auction ID on this thread for a spammer to prey on to steal their ID. Remember, all they have to do is dig a little on this site and they can possibly get your email addy and maybe your first and last name.

And, what would the purpose be in this ?

Just my .02 (opinion)

+1
    This occured to me too. I live on ebay. i check it daily and have scored some killer deals( ex:brand new pet-2500 for $110 shipped)

There have been a few times ive been interested in an item and i recognize the name of the high bidder as someone from the forum. Sometimes it feels crappy to snipe someone from the forum or to jack up the price on a forum member.

3 months ago i found a new 1300r riva plate that wasnt listed so well. wasnt getting much action. at the end it came down to me and another bidding it up. turned out to be another forum member, i lost the bid. he still got a great deal. but had i known it was a member i wouldve let it go sooner.

It would be nice to know peoples ebay names so we dont screw each other on auctions, but i can see your concern as far as the security of it.

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post

Just my .02 (opinion)
    This forum is a brotherhood of sorts, and if a brother sees a bid on ebay by another bro, he may elect not to bid against the brother?

BTW... i'm elpacon @ ebay

This is just my opinion, but some people may not want to share their screen name. This site already has some "spammer" invasions from time to time. the last thing we need is for people to divulge their ebay auction ID on this thread for a spammer to prey on to steal their ID. Remember, all they have to do is dig a little on this site and they can possibly get your email addy and maybe your first and last name.

Just my .02 (opinion)
    X2!

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    IMO, if someone wants in your ebay account, they will get in if your a GH member or not. Just my opinion....

BTW... Shane, I see what you just bid on. I'll leave it to ya bro.
    Last edited by starflight; 01-20-2008 at 04:18 PM.

I agree that there is some risk, however the dollars we all spend on e bay to feed the addiction could be better spent if we are not bidding against each other. I think its a good idea as it gives all of us an opportunity to plead our cases if multiple members want or need a particular item.

By the way I am bidding on an impeller removal tool and waterbox

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    This is just my opinion, but some people may not want to share their screen name. That's fine,I guess I don't understand how this is such a risk.I have different e-mail addys for my Paypal and E-bay accounts.

And, what would the purpose be in this ? It was manly meant for the Polaris Group.

Just my .02 (opinion)
    We Polaris guys live in a real small world of parts, So the demand for HI-PERFORMANCE parts can be competive. I don't think any of us really would have a problem bidding against each other for the same thing if we really want it. But alot of us will buy something just to store for preceved future needs or to have it to be able to provide it to someone that does.So in those cases,we will past on it if someone we know needs it. It saves us all money in the long run. It also gives us a idea on who has the parts laying around when someone is needing something.

Maybe some of the people selling on ebay to support there hobby dont want people not bidding on there auctions
    If your holding back on some one you may be doing a diservice to another member

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information