05 RXP Starting problems

Like I said I took it out Friday afternoon, and it ran great. Ran it for about 30 minutes and went in. Saturday morning I went to crank her up and nothing. It would turn over but wouldn't fire. It wouldn't even attempt to fire. After about 5 minutes of cranking on her she finally gave in to me and cranked up. smoked a little. Idled in the bay for a minute and shut her off. Cranked right up and I never had a problem with it the rest of the day. Any suggestions on what this may be? I'm thinking that it may have lost its prime but what would cause that?

HHhmmm....On friday, I ran my ski on the hose...it started up just fine. Then took it to the river yesterday and shoved off the beach and it took like 4 minutes to get it started while floating down the river

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. The next time it does it I'm going to the dealer. They'll probably tell me its because of my intake.

It probably flooded (yes Fuel injection can flood). Next time it happens, hold the throttle at wide open (this turn off the injectors and spark) and crank for about 10 seconds. (blow out the excess fuel)
    then release the throttle completly and try to start it normally.

Starting from cold in the water

I'm not sure from what you said if you were starting from cold IN THE WATER. I have noticed this can cause problems so I always run for about 15 - 20s on the ramp first - never had a problem since, even if left in the water for 1/2 hour between runs.

I always test it on the ramp first.

Yeah..I dont usually want to start mine while still on the trailer on the ramp just because of the whole three feet of water thing...the ramp i use isnt always pavement either, it pebbles or small rocks. But i will try to back down into the water deep enough to start it next time...i learned my lesson.

I will definetly try it next time (WOT) after it fails to start. This happened the morning after I put it in the water. There were a few twigs and walnuts around the ski that morning so I pushed it out away from the dock then attempted to start. First problem I've really had.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska05RXT
    Yeah..I dont usually want to start mine while still on the trailer on the ramp just because of the whole three feet of water thing...the ramp i use isnt always pavement either, it pebbles or small rocks. But i will try to back down into the water deep enough to start it next time...i learned my lesson.
    You don't need to be in the water to start it. Just run if on the trailer for about 10 seconds

Peter

hey you might have blew a piston......

Thread Information