Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

what are you using on your trailer?

just curiouse as to what ever one is using. are you using bunks, bunks with a slider, or rollers. im thinking about going to wobble rollers as i think its easier on the gel coat.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray152003 View Post
    just curiouse as to what ever one is using. are you using bunks, bunks with a slider, or rollers. im thinking about going to wobble rollers as i think its easier on the gel coat.
    also keep in mind if you travel any distances...
    bunks are for the most part make full contact along the bottom of the hull when adjusted properly. Rollers only support the hull in an area of maybe 1/2 by width of roller., say you have a carraige of maybe 4 in the back and carraige of 4 in the front, all that weight on very minimal hull area... something to think about ...

I`ve personnally tried the Bunk Caps, NOT, IMHO they scrubbed the hull more than carpeted bunks. I understand that boats use rollers and they weigh heavier and much less likely to lift off trailer when going over rough terrain... make any sense?...PR...

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Liquid Rollers PFTE spray on carpeted bunks seems to work well.

Low friction, good hull support, inexpensive to retrofit (just spray it on the bunks while the boat is in the water, or on the dolly).

When it eventually stops working, just spray some more on.

Only downside (which also applies to regular rollers), do NOT unhook the bow strap until the boat is actually in the water. You do not want it sliding off the back of the trailer when you are only part way down the ramp!

+1
    yah i have thought about about support with the rollers.

i have also thought about the liquid roller spay and if i dont go with the rollers ill go that way.

my trailer is brand new practically but is a mess it was never set up right. so i was thinking maybe i could skip that and jump to rollers and protect the gel coat but the rollers are far from cheap and i have other things to do so ill probably skip them and just work on setting up the trailer right this spring. i just wish i had a lifting strap so i could lift and lower it a few times to get it get the bunks strait. ill post some pics of the trailer in a few

Last edited by stingray152003; 01-20-2008 at 07:55 PM.

+1
    woops

+1

sting: have a look at the pics in my post about setting up the GPR. My new trailer didn`t come set up to my satisfaction so I had to jack up the bow (floor jack with covered wood under keel) and when I wanted to adjust the rear used another floor jack with long piece of wood vertically just under the trim tabs lifted just enough to adjust bunk width and heigth...PR...

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=43018

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    sting: have a look at the pics in my post about setting up the GPR. My new trailer didn`t come set up to my satisfaction so I had to jack up the bow (floor jack with covered wood under keel) and when I wanted to adjust the rear used another floor jack with long piece of wood vertically just under the trim tabs lifted just enough to adjust bunk width and heigth...PR...

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=43018
    yes that was a lot of help. i think i may go one step further though and remove the carpeting and take a router to it maybe make it fit a little better to the boat because in your pictures they fit better when they adjusted but they still dont fit properly.

yes, very true. customizing the bunks would be cool...
    let us know how you make out!...PR...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    yes, very true. customizing the bunks would be cool...
    let us know how you make out!...PR...
    will do maybe ill take a drive in a week or to and go mess with it. ill take photos of every thing i do.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information