Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"Attention to detail"...

Seems there are some skis that are always a few mph faster than others with the same RPM's and the same mods. I understand that water temp, air temp, and the "attention to detail" is where some gain a few mph and some lose a few.
    With everyones help I would like to put together a checklist if I may call it that, to those details that are so commonly over looked. Dont just list what the details are. Also describe what is needed to do inorder to cover all loose ends.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MIARider View Post
    Seems there are some skis that are always a few mph faster than others with the same RPM's and the same mods. I understand that water temp, air temp, and the "attention to detail" is where some gain a few mph and some lose a few.
    With everyones help I would like to put together a checklist if I may call it that, to those details that are so commonly over looked. Dont just list what the details are. Also describe what is needed to do inorder to cover all loose ends.
    Mostly fine tune on impeller.

Are you refering to the pitch ?
    Quote Originally Posted by jawz View Post
    Mostly fine tune on impeller.

Banned User
    +1
    Anyone can just BOLT ON a setup and run with it, but it takes massaging and making the part work with the ski, is what the difference is...because one mod will benefit a ski, the same one will hurt another ski....

Better breathing, in and out, will gain power...Less drag on the hull will increase speed...

The trailing edge of the prop is a detail...Ride plate holes is one...Smooth trasition from intake to plate...

Non-restrictive setup for both air and exhaust. Like a Riva Rear air, or a 4" setup with a properly placed filter...For exhaust, a thru hull is fine, but using a stock waterbox is not really gaining...so swap to a shorty, gutted, or green box...

+1
    Theres more room for improvement in the impeller than any other part of the ski.. Stage for stage the biggest gains are in the impeller. Consider that jet pumps are about 52% effiecient. My 10% in the pump will beat your 10%in the motor, Why? Because if you gain 20 hp only10.5 hp goes to the water.

+1
    Theres more room for improvement in the impeller than any other part of the ski.. Stage for stage the biggest gains are in the impeller. Consider that jet pumps are about 52% effiecient. My 10% in the pump will beat your 10%in the motor, Why? Because if you gain 20 hp only10.5 hp goes to the water.
    +1

interesting Jawz!! going to start looking into some of the small stuff myself, Even though im not one to just throw a new mod on and not look at the details, but I am going to look into my prop since its untouched.

+1
    For the price of some of the aftermarket performance packages you'd think you were already buying the finely tuned stuff. I guess they're banking on us only using 5% of our brain and that we'll be back to buy the next Stage kit and so on...

I agree that there's more to be had by making what you have more efficient - that's why I expect the X to be a decent factory set up with just a few things like an intake grate mod and impellar.

+1
    Uh huh, I'm a believer..

I'm getting up to 72 mph on a stock prop with 1mm added & I don't even have quite a complete stage 1 bolted up. (stage 1 minus wedge & 14/19R OR 13/18 3 blade)

Well said.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information