Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Front & Rear Air Intake???

Hey all.... I am off to work, so I will leave this out there and see what kind of replies I get at the end of the day.

I was looking at the build your own cold air intake section at Pep Boys yesterday and got to thinking.

They had a "Y" pipe there to run two air intake lines? Is there a benefit to this. I mean we could easily run this "Y" off of the SC and run one line around to the front of the engine like the riva set up and one line straight up like the Riva rear set up. In my opinion, this would use up all the cold air possible in the hull.

What would the benefit of this be? Is it worth tryaing? Does it make sense?
    Possible gains?

+1
    There is no cold air in the hull. Go with the Riva rear air--best induction out there right now for the RXP & RXT. Yes--I know Riva does not make one for the RXT--but several guys have made one work on their RXTs.

If your riding rough water I personally wouldn't run the rear air but since I believe your riding smoother water then definitely run the rear air. I built a front air intake where the filter sits right above the fuel tank.

I see no advantage to the "y" pipe your describing unless its some sort of gated valve which allows you to switch from rear to front intake. Then your also looking at more clutter & weight..

Banned User
    +1
    I would go rear air, but I ride a combo of water that sometimes has a cruiser go by, which I like to pop their wakes...and sometimes I'll sink the back of my ski when I land...so thats OUT for me.

My solution, was to locate my 4" setup as high, but as close to the front opening as possible. I also cut 2 holes for flowrites...
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39293

Works well, sound GREAT (SC whine is NICE )

Quote Originally Posted by 04RXP22 View Post
    Hey all.... I am off to work, so I will leave this out there and see what kind of replies I get at the end of the day.

I was looking at the build your own cold air intake section at Pep Boys yesterday and got to thinking.

They had a "Y" pipe there to run two air intake lines? Is there a benefit to this. I mean we could easily run this "Y" off of the SC and run one line around to the front of the engine like the riva set up and one line straight up like the Riva rear set up. In my opinion, this would use up all the cold air possible in the hull.

What would the benefit of this be? Is it worth tryaing? Does it make sense?
    Possible gains?
    Might be worth a try...Turbo Todd has tried to get me to try this for sometime now...I just haven't gotten round to it!! More air = better performance as shown by running with the glove box off and/or the front cover up.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I would go rear air, but I ride a combo of water that sometimes has a cruiser go by, which I like to pop their wakes...and sometimes I'll sink the back of my ski when I land...so thats OUT for me.

My solution, was to locate my 4" setup as high, but as close to the front opening as possible. I also cut 2 holes for flowrites...
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39293

Works well, sound GREAT (SC whine is NICE )

Danny, I'm looking for a way to mount my filter in the exact same area you mounted yours. Can you give me any details or further instruction on the bracket you made for your 4" setup?

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by kp04rxp View Post
    Danny, I'm looking for a way to mount my filter in the exact same area you mounted yours. Can you give me any details or further instruction on the bracket you made for your 4" setup?
    The bracket I made out of a scrap strip of aluminum. I simply heated it up with a torch and bent it in a vice, while "persuading" it with a hammer

I drilled 2 holes and used my arbor press to push in some stainless threaded inserts...Then used some stainless allen head bolts to attach, and drilled the right holes in the front lip of the fiberglass (not seen in photos)...the allen bolts are low profile head, so the rubber gasket on the cowl took car of it...

What is not seen is the notch I cut after I took the pic, for the clamp to sit in so it doesn't go up/down....

+1

+1
    any pictures of the filter mounted?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information