Those of you running tripples...water cooling.

Has there been a decision on the best water routing? Tripple water pickup or dual? Reverse cooling? I am running a stock 1200 cylinders with the tripple pipes. Let me know.

+1

ss cooling plumbing??

on my super stock it runs a dual cooling plate on the pump,from there both cooling hoses from the pump go to a common manifold and 6 hoses come out 3 for pipes,3 cylinders

I was thinking about going back to this setup. Right now, i have Triple cooling coming into a manifold, going into the motor; Then out of the motor into the pipes, then out. But when I hold it WOT for some time, the water gets piping hot to where it almost steams. And it seems that the RPM's come down the longer i hold it WOT.

+1
    "And it seems that the RPM's come down the longer I hold it WOT."

I would have expected you to see a 40/50 rpm loss after a couple relatively short speed passes

if rpms drop continually while at WOT then I would think you need to add more fuel

this has been my experience with single pipe skis

im doing dual cooling through my stock bilge transom fitting to the 6-way manifold,,,, ive read alot about the way your doing it with hot water from the jugs,, imo i feel safer knowing that my pipes are getting cool water,,, plus ive got 6 pissers so you can diagnose each cylinder/pipe to see if theres a water flow problem..

In the summer, i would say they peak at about 7700 (first run) about 1 mile long, then drop to 7550-7600 second pass. I have been running this setup for about 60 hours with the water cooling and jetting.

I run on my triple one 1/2" line and 3/8" line to a manifold with six outlets, three to the exhaust manifolds(engine) and three to the pipes. Then 3 out from the pipes and overboard, and three from the head overboard. All these lines are 3/8". But i do have a question. Lets just say i have two 3/8" lines coming into the exhaust manifolds. Then i have two 3/8" lines coming out of the heads. Now i drill a third hole and tap it on the no. 2 cylinder. Ok now in theory this would i thought cause a neg pressure. I thought neg pressure causes gas or pockets in the head where water doesnt flow no pos pressure. Now is this true. I heard people doing this cause "they needed more flow". But does it. To increase more flow you would have to increase the lines coming in and going out while trying to keep a positive pressure. But not to much to start hurting the engine(leaks into the cylinder). Someone please clear this up. Myth or no? Common cures to get pos pressure? jets or restrictors?
    Thanks kris

TRIPLE PIPES ARE 2-STROKE TURBOS allcool's Avatar
    Lots of ways to do this.
    Not sure any one way has proven to be best all around
    in theory the hotter the pipes are the better performance.

A lot of little things can change water flow/volume.
    The new 05 head gasket changed the pressure in my system enough that I could see a difference in the flow coming out of the pissers at low speed.

I run the stock single cooling 5/8" line and dump all three pipes overboard. Never had a problem and run close to 7900rpm now consistently, with a 30-50rpm heat soak.

allcool

+1

Exclamation triple question

sorry for getting off the subject,but whats the exceptable exhaust gas temp,mine goes to 900f-1000f ,more if i keep into it but ,i don't but how hot can they go safely

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by billy gpr View Post
    sorry for getting off the subject,but whats the exceptable exhaust gas temp,mine goes to 900f-1000f ,more if i keep into it but ,i don't but how hot can they go safely
    I run 500 at idle 1100 at wide open and 1200 at cruising, but egt will not be same in our skis unless the probes are same type and in same location.

The best way to use egt is as tuning tool.... how does your piston wash and plugs look. Get a baseline of egt with your engine and then tune leaner or richer from there.

In outboards where we all run similar gauges with same probes mounted in same location, its pretty easy to share readings.. 1/2 inch difference in distance from exhaust port could change temp 300 or more degrees (if reading flame)
    Last edited by RUNWME; 01-24-2008 at 06:26 AM.

Thread Information