Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

XS intercooler noise

I just installed a XS intercooler and obviouslly removed the stock IC on an RXP. Yesterday was my first ride with this install and now I can hear the engine turning, were before I never noticed this noise. It can not be the supercharger because is too slow to be the SC. you can hear it at lower rpms more, say below 6,000 rpm. Is it possible that without the stock IC and now just the block off in the intake manifold, that I would be hearing the engine more. The sound is coming from the front of the seat, but when take the seat off it just sounds like is coming from the engine.
    Any one else ever noticed differnent noise with External IC???

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    I just installed a XS intercooler and obviouslly removed the stock IC on an RXP. Yesterday was my first ride with this install and now I can hear the engine turning, were before I never noticed this noise. It can not be the supercharger because is too slow to be the SC. you can hear it at lower rpms more, say below 6,000 rpm. Is it possible that without the stock IC and now just the block off in the intake manifold, that I would be hearing the engine more. The sound is coming from the front of the seat, but when take the seat off it just sounds like is coming from the engine.
    Any one else ever noticed differnent noise with External IC???

Did you do anything else, like air intake work?

Mine whines, no issue...

XS

Mine whines too, even more so with a 4" air intake. If you are hearing the motor whine, I am not sure what is going on. The only whine you should be really hearing is the SC and it's components.

+1
    I did not do any other mods. I have the 3 inch in front but had this before the IC mod. Is the supercharger whine a constant steady noise or can you here it like something rotating. I figured at the speed of the supercharger even at idle that it would be constant but maybe that is what I am hearing.
    This noise is like a rotating noise at low rpms and when high rpms I do not hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Did you do anything else, like air intake work?

Mine whines, no issue...
    Mine with the external IC sounds like a little tweety bird.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrsrxp View Post
    Mine with the external IC sounds like a little tweety bird.
    Is possible that could describe the noise. I am a perfectionist and take note to any changes. I have worked arround big equipment throughout my job so I notice the very little changes in noise.
    I am probably over acting but do not want to tear anything up.
    I the noise is definitely more noticable at low rpms.
    I guess it is the supercharger.

Banned User
    +1
    Is possible that could describe the noise. I am a perfectionist and take note to any changes. I have worked arround big equipment throughout my job so I notice the very little changes in noise.
    I am probably over acting but do not want to tear anything up.
    I the noise is definitely more noticable at low rpms.
    I guess it is the supercharger.

All I can say is that you are hearing the SC whine through the intake, which is directly below the front of the seat...If you have removed the plastic tubing from the hole in the front of the seat, then you will REALLY hear it...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    All I can say is that you are hearing the SC whine through the intake, which is directly below the front of the seat...If you have removed the plastic tubing from the hole in the front of the seat, then you will REALLY hear it...
    I have not done that, but is there advantages to removing that and I do not mean the entire setup like I have seen in your post where you put flowrites and put filter up there.
    Would it benifit me to remove that black snorkel towards the battery?
    If so do I need to remove the one in the back also? I thought about cutting the back one to make it shorter to make it easier to get seat clwling back on easier.

Banned User
    +1
    I have not done that, but is there advantages to removing that and I do not mean the entire setup like I have seen in your post where you put flowrites and put filter up there.
    Would it benifit me to remove that black snorkel towards the battery?
    If so do I need to remove the one in the back also? I thought about cutting the back one to make it shorter to make it easier to get seat clwling back on easier.

The front snorkle should be removed, its restrictive. Figure that elbow is all that is feeding the motor...

The rear vent can simply pop out...Although some run a fan in that location to REMOVE air from the hull...I run one, I am trying to create a vacuum effect so that no warm air sits in front near the air intake...

+1
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=SH6Uc7OwsZw

you can hear the s/c loud and clear below 6,000 rpms

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information