Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NEW TRUCK FOR RXP-Opinions....

Hey I am going to be picking up a AWD Trailblazer SS in the beginning of Feb and want to add some boost.

Would you go with a Vortech or Kenny Bell

or.....

Turbo? I figured if i have to get an SUV to tow my ski...I should get something with some nuts..

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    why not just go all motor, heads, cam, intake, headers, full exhaust and a tune?

if you are going blower, i would go vortech or procharger. from what i have seen and experienced LS motors do not respond well to a twin screw style supercharger.

if you are going turbo, HP Performance, Pro-Turbo Kits, Lingenfelter, STS Turbo. there is quite a few options.

i would personally do a blown 427 stroker... something with around 9.0:1 compressiong running on 12 LBS. of boost

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Radix on the TB hands down!!!! Be nice to that tranny, expecially with an AWD. You may be calling Finish Line for a built unit pretty soon.

On a side note if your set on a turbo.. Stay away from the butt-turbos (STS) aka gutter suckers. Combination Motorsports has a bad ass front-mount setup!

+1
    I vote for a Jeep SRT8

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    Radix on the TB hands down!!!! Be nice to that tranny, expecially with an AWD. You may be calling Finish Line for a built unit pretty soon.

On a side note if your set on a turbo.. Stay away from the butt-turbos (STS) aka gutter suckers. Combination Motorsports has a bad ass front-mount setup!
    you must not have seen STS latest creation... rear turbo'd 2000+hp Outlaw 10.5 Mustang.

nice

The jeep is more expensive and I already have a car-can't afford it, not to mention for the money considering I leave nothing I have alone and stock, the SS is a better choice.

I had a Mustang Cobra with a vortech pushing 430 to the tires. I know all about stangs and vortechs. That hobby cost wayyy to much at my age.

I am thinking of just slapping a vortech or Procharger, some new injectors, MSD, exhaust, intake and fuel pump. I think with low boost settings it will be fine on the LS2.

Thanks for the input fellas. I may go NA too....that's always fun.

Supercharger all the way for the ss.. but watch the trans my buddy has been thru two of them so far before 36k

Quote Originally Posted by rxpwhistler1 View Post
    Hey I am going to be picking up a AWD Trailblazer SS in the beginning of Feb and want to add some boost.

Would you go with a Vortech or Kenny Bell

or.....

Turbo? I figured if i have to get an SUV to tow my ski...I should get something with some nuts..
    neither, go ati procharger...

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    you must not have seen STS latest creation... rear turbo'd 2000+hp Outlaw 10.5 Mustang.
    All well and good. But no car/truck I build will have 8 miles of oil line running to the rear of the vehicle! As far as bolt on and go simplicity. The Radix will win every time. It has everything you would possibly need plus a tune! Now its gonna depend on how far the guy wants to mod his TB. Then he can look at other options. But as far as boost right off idle... The ATI wont do it, Vortech wont do it. ATI's head units on GM LS motors have always suffered from belt slip. I had one on a reg cab 6.0 truck, even had a beefed bracket built and I couldnt get rid of the slip. Even ran the Reichard racing pulley. No go. If I were going to do it all over again my nod goes to the Radix setup.

Gonna depend on your overall power goals Whistler!

THEE 6'5" 235pd rough rider doc212121's Avatar
    Take it from me, Ive ran 18lbs of boost on a LS based motor makin 987RWHP, ATI is the way to go. I have a AWD Tblzr SS to tow stuff with when i want to drive in the rain. But a cam, and GOOD tuner and produce 440 RWHP, and Ive seen them. Thats $2000 for that power, but be ready, your trans, or front end WILL FAIL, they all do, I see them at the dealership all the time.
    Good luck

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information