Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1

Is it normal...?

With the new 14/17R prop in and the mods listed below....Is it normal for the ski to jump out of the water insanely? When I punch it, it jumps out of the water and then jumps 2-3 times more until it grabs the water and stays on it.

I lost rpm's on top from 8100 to 7850....Speed went up from 66.3 to 66.8 with a full tank of 89 octane gas. Temps were 84 air 80 water 76% humidity in light chop. Could not do more testing since it almost sanklike I posted earlier....Taking it to the dealer tomorrow for the 100 hour service. Then back out on Friday to do more testing.

Any suggestions on re-pitching...?

+1
    Use 93 octane. If it jumps,,its hittin.

+1
    I had stopped using 93 octane a while ago because I did not see a difference in performance. Now that I have a few other mods I plan to do some back to back testing again to see. I did not put premium last time because it was at $3.12 And it was dead empty!

Get used to the prices. You spent a lot of money on a high performance machine and your going to pitch pennies and hurt your engine in the long run. Bad move unless you plan on selling the ski soon. Now for it popping out the hole...You will need to shift your weight close to the handlebars. That will help.

Peter

Re: Is it normal...?

Quote Originally Posted by GeoRXT
    With the new 14/17R prop in and the mods listed below....Is it normal for the ski to jump out of the water insanely? When I punch it, it jumps out of the water and then jumps 2-3 times more until it grabs the water and stays on it.

Bro, for this same reason is why i sold my two %*#*& ^ pump wedges the Riva 2.0 and the R&D 2.5. Listen bro, NO ONE in my riding area is using the pump wedge on their RXT hulls stock or moded, in my opinion this wedges are a WASTE of money PERIOD!!!

I lost rpm's on top from 8100 to 7850....Speed went up from 66.3 to 66.8 with a full tank...

Any suggestions on re-pitching...?
    Bro, remove the prop from the ski and take it to PPG and tell them were your rpms are, i am sure that they should know what to do to gain back that missing rpm's.

P.S. did you buy the tools that i told you in my PM in order to make this job by your self??

is it normal

It's normal for it to jump out of the water with a wedge. I did some rigging and ended up with the nozzle in the middle of the slot. You need to get a bushing like the one that is in the top if the nozzle put it in the center and fill both sides for and aft. My RXT has great hole shot. No need to shift your body weight. It stays with my Stage 1.5 RXP up to about 50mph. My RXT is also a stage 1.5. I'm testing my XS power IC today.
    Curt

Also put your trim all the way down. Other than that it is normal. Trim, shift your weight and work the throttle.

is it normal

RXT no trim

+1
    I wish it had a trim...By the way..does anyone know why it does not bring a trim?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information